You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jan 11, 2020 9:25 am

Expat
Active

Over kill on health

Now, as it must have been blatantly obvious I have been looking into more natural forms of health care, what is toxic etc.

This has been via a few organisations/Guru's.

What is abundantly obvious is that there is a lot of almost incestuous contact between these various groups.

I am definitely NOT going to say it is natural quackery. I believe that most of the information... much of which is centuries old is accurate, sometimes over stated, but accurate.

However, once you get on the treadmill of clicking to see this "amazing secret", or that "toxic laden product", and click a few links it is a bombardment of emails.

Also the presentations are extremely formulaic, you get a long winded this happened to me, and here's how I developed this system, or course of treatment, with in a few moments I will give you all my secrets.... Then eventually you end up watching a nine part presentation with sufferers cured, and experts that have been researching for decades, and just as you think its all over they have an extra 10th bonus presentation. Finally the punch line where you can sign up for this course worth thousands that you can have if you sign up in half an hour for just $300 or something similar.

Along the way there is a lot of useful information, but it's totally an industry.

#2 Jan 12, 2020 9:15 pm

gripe
Active

Re: Over kill on health

Expat, are you suggesting that the folks behind those infomercials -- which characterizes most of those pitches -- may as well hit the viewer behind the head with a wet towel? Actually, even that is not a cure all for what ails the average person.

Seriously, those infomercials are a pain to watch just to absorb the real 'medicine'.

Last edited by gripe (Jan 12, 2020 9:17 pm)

#3 Jan 12, 2020 10:00 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Over kill on health

Yep, there are a lot of clues as to real issues, and perhaps if one were to fork out the dollars one might actually get something beneficial in return, but being a cheapskate I aint forkin out dosh to see the world go round, but it is such a long haul to get to hear all the clues regarding treatments, and causes.

Plus it's really irritating that they all follow exactly the same formula. Even if I was going to jump on board, they have already pee'd me off by yaking so long to get to the punch line. Half way in, I am already going please, please, spit it out.

Board footer