You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Feb 24, 2020 12:50 am

Calypso
Active

Grateful Grenadian Returnees.--Jamaicans Cannot Say The same......

#2 Feb 24, 2020 8:52 am

Slice
Active

Re: Grateful Grenadian Returnees.--Jamaicans Cannot Say The same......

What is the source of that information? I have never heard of this group. I totally agree with their medical statement, that is what I have been saying for years.  What crime has been committed against them?  There are some crimes, but not against returning nationals.  Yes again I am going to agree, they do think we are wealthy.

They try their best  not like us, but I think it is how we move around in our communities.  If you think and move as if you are better than the average Grenadian, you are in for a rude awaking.

Grenadian are a very proud people.  They are poor but very proud.  They totally reject JCBs, leh me tell you why,  They hate folks that have not lived on the island, telling them what to do and how to do it; but, there is a way, JCBs can have their way, because believe it or not, we are the ones that are going to command changes.

I hate the system, and ah doh  believe in God.  Two subjects that are disqualifiers.  But I am totally one of them and they see me as one of them.  It is how I move around them and also the way I speak to them.  The business man who coined JCBs, offered me ah job when he opened up his new radio station.

It is not what you do and say, but how you do and say it.

This I have ah bunch to say about, but leh me leave it dey for now.

#3 Feb 24, 2020 9:28 am

New Historian
Active

The JCB supporters' club lol! I agree with most of the statements, "we" certainly make an impact on the island, economically and otherwise. I'll be doing my own bit, later this year, when I start building my "house to die in" up in St David's. The crime thing is not nearly as bad as in Jamaica, where the JCBs are being killed off in droves. It doesn't help that they return to some remote rural communities and build this massive mansion, with a bullsye stuck on it, saying "rob me, I'm rich!"

And of course, Jamaicans are way more prone to crime and violence than we peace-loving Grenadians!

#4 Feb 24, 2020 11:15 am

New Historian
Active

http://www.loopslu.com/content/almost-5 … latouche-3

25 murders of returning residents in Jamaica last year, and that was "only up to November! And the brutality of the murders is shocking.

#5 Feb 24, 2020 4:07 pm

Slice
Active

Well ah remember way you said you will be building your mansion.  We will be neighbours.  Now name one returning nationals in Grenada, that was murdered?

#6 Feb 24, 2020 4:13 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Well ah remember way you said you will be building your mansion.  We will be neighbours.  Now name one returning nationals in Grenada, that was murdered?

There was a visiting one from Canada that found out how just the Police can be... or not. You may remember. What price a hug... even if accidentally the wrong person.

#7 Feb 24, 2020 4:14 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Sound a bit too close to me..... wink

#8 Feb 25, 2020 7:29 am

dapper
Active

Amelio from Non pariel was murdered (body set on fire )....A returnee from England

#9 Feb 25, 2020 7:59 am

Slice
Active

Expat wrote:
Slice wrote:

There was a visiting one from Canada that found out how just the Police can be... or not. You may remember. What price a hug... even if accidentally the wrong person.

Ok ah tink that one was ah bit different.

#10 Feb 25, 2020 8:01 am

Slice
Active

Expat wrote:
Slice wrote:

Sound a bit too close to me..... wink

Yep it is maybe five minutes from you.  Depends in what part of way he said he will be building his mansion.  That area is kinda big.

Board footer