You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Feb 25, 2020 8:03 am

Slice
Active

Re: Grateful Grenadian Returnees.--Jamaicans Cannot Say The same......

dapper wrote:

Amelio from Non pariel was murdered (body set on fire )....A returnee from England

That was how long ago? Please give some details on that one.

#12 Feb 25, 2020 3:16 pm

Dancer
Active

Mary the old  ( WI )  immigrants to your adopted country being treated very poorly.

As Marvin Gaye said , "" makes you wanna holler "

#13 Feb 25, 2020 3:26 pm

New Historian
Active

I wanna know is what mansion allyu talkin' 'bout! I'm a modest man, just a little pad to end my days in, simple and unpretentious. 7 bedrooms, 4 living rooms, east wing west wing, 2 pools, jacuzzi, 4-car garage and sauna. Oh and helipad. That's all! Oh and. ...

#14 Feb 27, 2020 8:46 am

Slice
Active

So, ah have ah PADNAH, building ah mansion in Grenada.  He is building very close to Expat.  Ah whole bunch of his friends are wondering, why in the hell he is building such ah big house?  He has no wife and no children, so why the big house?  The answer, to dat question has me struggling to find answers.

It is known, that most Grenadians who traveled, that is their dream.  They work hard and return and build this huge house.  I do not want to condemn anyone for fulfilling their dreams, but my question is when does common sense take hold?

Anyone has the right to do what the hell they wanna do with their monies.  They work hard in the cold and heat, so they deserve to fulfill their life dreams.

I had the same desire to build this big house.  I bought the land and was ready to build me mansion.  Then one day wife say, lets talk about this.  We spoke and in the end, we decided it makes no sense, especially since our very good friend work, all his life for ah return to Grenada.  He build ah mansion in Grenville and died less than five years after his return.

It is your monies, you can do what the hell you want to do with it;
but, we decided to go in ah different direction, a small comfortable house.  Nothing like Expat mansion.

#15 Feb 27, 2020 7:34 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

I wanna know is what mansion allyu talkin' 'bout! I'm a modest man, just a little pad to end my days in, simple and unpretentious. 7 bedrooms, 4 living rooms, east wing west wing, 2 pools, jacuzzi, 4-car garage and sauna. Oh and helipad. That's all! Oh and. ...

I think the best plan is a non ostentatious blot on the landscape on the surface with a 5 floor underground palace so the natives don't get restless.

What you can't see don't hurt you ent it.

#16 Feb 27, 2020 7:39 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

So, ah have ah PADNAH, building ah mansion in Grenada.  He is building very close to Expat.  Ah whole bunch of his friends are wondering, why in the hell he is building such ah big house?  He has no wife and no children, so why the big house?  The answer, to dat question has me struggling to find answers.

It is known, that most Grenadians who traveled, that is their dream.  They work hard and return and build this huge house.  I do not want to condemn anyone for fulfilling their dreams, but my question is when does common sense take hold?

Anyone has the right to do what the hell they wanna do with their monies.  They work hard in the cold and heat, so they deserve to fulfill their life dreams.

I had the same desire to build this big house.  I bought the land and was ready to build me mansion.  Then one day wife say, lets talk about this.  We spoke and in the end, we decided it makes no sense, especially since our very good friend work, all his life for ah return to Grenada.  He build ah mansion in Grenville and died less than five years after his return.

It is your monies, you can do what the hell you want to do with it;
but, we decided to go in ah different direction, a small comfortable house.  Nothing like Expat mansion.

You can't get much more modest than Expats mansion without living in a Jupa.

Board footer