You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Feb 29, 2020 11:36 pm

Expat
Active

To quarantine or not to quarantine

There is time to go before my next polluting flight back to Blightey.

During these next roughly 3 months there is time for Grenada to become a hotspot, and Britain to go into meltdown.

I can foresee the possibilities of a 14 day quarantine in the UK followed by a 14 day quarantine on returning to Grenada.

Or a cancelled no refund except for taxes ticket.

I could have a month of 3 square at taxpayers expense being the only upside.

The full English Breakfast, Fish and chips followed by spotted dick with custard would kill me via my kidneys giving up the ghost.

Although if I am to get coco tea and fish and bakes for breakfast, followed by Oildown, and rounded off with Pizza here in Grenada I shall probably die of starvation.

Definitely better to cancel the ticket.

#2 Mar 01, 2020 9:47 am

houston
Active

Re: To quarantine or not to quarantine

You're getting me worried. I'm booked to fly to Dublin in four weeks...right about the time this thing will be graded as a pandemic.

#3 Mar 01, 2020 11:08 am

houston
Active

#4 Mar 01, 2020 12:06 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

We thought we might travel to Brussels and Luxembourg for a holiday this summer and I was just about to pull the trigger and pay when all of this stuff hit in China.  I thought it prudent to hold off.  Maybe we will just go camping this summer. smile

#5 Mar 01, 2020 1:14 pm

houston
Active

Good idea, though the woods could be highly populated this summer.

#6 Mar 01, 2020 10:20 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

We thought we might travel to Brussels and Luxembourg for a holiday this summer and I was just about to pull the trigger and pay when all of this stuff hit in China.  I thought it prudent to hold off.  Maybe we will just go camping this summer. smile

That's the one thing about America, you have almost every geographical possibility other than actual rain forest, apart for an increasing need for Spanish in some areas the lingo is mostly American English, with a regional twang. Who needs the other lot, leave them to their mire... Don't blame yah, and no currency exchange issues.... smile

I really would not want to go to metropolitan areas in America, other than a stop over in New York maybe, but I would love to see the country. The Rockies, the prairie, the swamp lands. Try and feel the early life of the explorers and settlers, not forgetting the disenfranchised native Americans. Hunt and camp out. Charge across the plains long stirrup on a quarter horse. But then I am getting old and senile. Oooh, and lots of shooting. Ammo's cheap there.... Lots of shooting. Shades of Nutnfancy blasting away in the desert with side arms, trying out some real long range, making adjustments for the Earths spin kinda stuff. Bliss.

#7 Mar 01, 2020 10:35 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

You may visit me in Iowa.  I will take you around to the parts of America that are still pure Americana.  This is the heartland, you know.

You really should come in August during the State Fair.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Mar 01, 2020 10:38 pm)

#8 Mar 01, 2020 10:47 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I would definitely want you to witness Mutton Busting at the State Fair.

https://youtu.be/OekjcEARgg8

#9 Mar 02, 2020 11:07 am

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

You may visit me in Iowa.  I will take you around to the parts of America that are still pure Americana.  This is the heartland, you know.

You really should come in August during the State Fair.

Very magnanimous Sir, thank you for the invite. Appreciated.

But how would I get there, parachute? Can I get an overflier to go low enough that I wouldn't need an oxygen mask when I jump...  wink

#10 Mar 02, 2020 3:11 pm

New Historian
Active

I was planning a mega motorbike trip across Europe and Italy this summer: canned. Still planning England, Wales and Ireland trip - BUT, it's all in the air at this point, no tickets bought just yet!!

Board footer