You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Feb 22, 2017 8:29 am

Slice
Active

SO RD, IF THE ACA IS SO BAD, WHAT IS GOING WITH ALLYU TOWNHALLS?

#2 Feb 22, 2017 8:32 am

Slice
Active

Re: SO RD, IF THE ACA IS SO BAD, WHAT IS GOING WITH ALLYU TOWNHALLS?

#3 Feb 22, 2017 9:50 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Welfare rats want their welfare benefits.  How is that surprising?

#4 Feb 22, 2017 10:11 am

Slice
Active

But something went horrible wrong along the way.  This was suppose to be easy.  It also suppose to be ah forgone conclusion.  Ah mean the damn thing is so high, it must be repealed.

So you saying all ah these folks are on welfare?  Could it be that the ACA or Obama is cheaper?

As the host said, they just did not know, that the ACA and Obama care are the exact same thing.  I totally refuse to believe that, folks are not dat dumb or are they?

Last edited by Slice (Feb 22, 2017 10:46 am)

#5 Feb 22, 2017 10:25 am

Calypso
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Welfare rats want their welfare benefits.  How is that surprising?

You are something else with your arrogant, uninformed Republican attitude. Affordable healthcare and cheaper education should accessible to all people. How are those people protesting, "welfare rats?" Eh? Obamacare care could be improved upon but Trump should not get rid of it entirely.

#6 Feb 22, 2017 11:19 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Slice wrote:

So you saying all ah these folks are on welfare?  Could it be that the ACA or Obama is cheaper?

Anyone receiving a subsidy from the government to purchase health insurance is receiving a form of welfare.  Once people start receiving benefits from the government, they don't want to give them up.  There is nothing surprising about that.

Calypso wrote:

Affordable healthcare and cheaper education should accessible to all people.

Those are just empty words.  What you are really saying is that everybody should have their shit paid for by everybody else.  The real world doesn't work that way.  Nothing is free.  Somebody has to pay.

Obamacare is a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul.  Paul is happy and Peter is not.  It is that simple.

#7 Feb 22, 2017 11:29 am

New Historian
Active

"Obamacare is a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul"

Okay so let Peter ignore the plight of Paul, until one day Paul comes knocking at Peter's door - at 2 in the morning. We are, actually, our brother's keeper. It's a funny Christian thing, you may have heard of this fella called Jesus. No not the one they deported last week, the other one.

#8 Feb 22, 2017 11:54 am

Real Distwalker
Active

New Historian wrote:

It's a funny Christian thing, you may have heard of this fella called Jesus.

I refuse to believe you really are advocating for government based on Christian skripture. I think you are just employing a handy debating stratagem that would quickly fall apart if you were asked to support other forms of scripture based government.

#9 Feb 22, 2017 12:27 pm

Slice
Active

"I refuse to believe you really are advocating for government based on Christian skripture. I think you are just employing a handy debating stratagem that would quickly fall apart if you were asked to support other forms of scripture based government. "

So I agree with you on your above point; but, what happens when someone who do not have Health insurance gets sick?  We all pay.

#10 Feb 22, 2017 12:51 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Slice wrote:

So I agree with you on your above point; but, what happens when someone who do not have Health insurance gets sick?  We all pay.

I don't have the answer.  I was just explaining why Peter hates Obamacare and Paul loves it.

Board footer