You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Mar 04, 2020 7:39 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

BREAKING NEWS: Three cases of coronavirus confirmed in St. Barthélemy,

#2 Mar 04, 2020 7:44 pm

Expat
Active

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Three cases of coronavirus confirmed in St. Barthélemy,

Any day now.

Town swarming with tourists off two ships today, from all over, French, British.... and who knows where else...

#3 Mar 05, 2020 10:11 am

Slice
Active

Maybe this could be misplaced, but for some stupid reason, ah kinda have confidence, the Grenada government have this under control. The dollars are needed, but precautions are needed.

#4 Mar 06, 2020 11:32 am

Real Distwalker
Active

What would posses someone to get on a cruise ship with this virus spreading?  That cruise ship could easily become an infected prison ship in which you are quarantined.   I wouldn't get on a cruise ship right now if you paid me.

#5 Mar 06, 2020 11:44 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Gee, this sounds like a swell holiday!

At sea: Passengers off California await virus test results

https://apnews.com/61a4efa966c02cbda9584f7266b99802

#6 Mar 06, 2020 9:48 pm

Expat
Active

That ship, or ANY similar ship is an absolute bloody nightmare.

They keep telling us people have a period where they don't show symptoms, so with ANY likely exposure it should be a complete lock down.... including crew.

If China can make a 1000 bed hospital, pre fabricated or not in a week, surely Amerikee can create a  compartmentalised location within an old factory or something to keep everyone isolated for a few days until they start to show symptoms, or if after a few days they show no symptoms ship them off to a more pleasant location to complete their quarantine with medical supervision.

Those that do show symptoms get lugged off to an isolation ward at a hospital and are treated accordingly.

To leave them mouldering in that toxic environment where every banister rail is a contamination point, where any of the crew could be a carrier is nuts. The Japanese fiasco showed that.

Like I said in another thread, I would not go to the UK if Grenada was infected simply as it could be a quarantine at both ends scenario, and I would have to think long and hard if Grenada was clear, but as we know Britain has the lurgie, as it would probably mean isolation back in Grenada.... however for all we know flights may be cancelled, just as they have been to Italy and China. Kinda have to hope for that one, as if they cancel I would probably get my money back, if I cancel it would just be the taxes I get back.

Last edited by Expat (Mar 06, 2020 9:56 pm)

Board footer