You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#11 Mar 20, 2020 10:52 am

WH Man
Active

Re: How about some good news?

Slice wrote:

It was made official last night on CNN, hope you were watching. JHU send ah possible cure to the FDA, for approval and testing.  I told you last week, that it was reported on our local news, that JHU made a break through that could be ah cure for COVD19.  The discovery was tested and showed it could be very effective.

Ah wonder if you go still doubt me.


"ah possible cure to the FDA, for approval and testing....."        "break through that could be ah cure for COVD19"  …. "The discovery was tested and showed it could be very effective."


Do you really translate that to mean that as of TODAY, we now have a CURE for COVID 19?

Last edited by WH Man (Mar 20, 2020 10:57 am)

Offline

#12 Mar 20, 2020 11:22 am

houston
Active

Re: How about some good news?

Not to be negative but there needs to be extreme caution before any of these vaccines/cures are tested on humans.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/cov … ll-a-human

Offline

#13 Mar 20, 2020 9:57 pm

Expat
Active

Re: How about some good news?

In the mean time we are told by suspect video's that hot lemon juice is the cure..... I wonder if the entire medical profession.... screwed as it is has missed something. Off to the back yard to get the cure... smile

Offline

#14 Mar 20, 2020 10:25 pm

houston
Active

Re: How about some good news?

Yeah, apparently cocaine mixed with bleach isn't working either.
Back to the lab we go.

Offline

#15 Mar 20, 2020 10:31 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: How about some good news?

Turns out that mixing bleach and rubbing alcohol to make a super disinfectant makes chloroform.

Offline

#16 Mar 20, 2020 10:46 pm

Expat
Active

Re: How about some good news?

Hmmmm if so, then date rapists have just found another rout for their wicked ways.

Kinda thinking adequately proofed alcohol in Grenada at least might make a good hand wash. Rivers and Clarks Court are both between 60 and 70%.

However, MY current grog is Jack Iron, which is a good bit cheaper, and at 69% alcohol fall right into the ball park.

If you were kinda liberal with it and got stopped while driving you might get an old fashioned look from the police, but I doubt you would have any problems with alcohol in your blood.

As they hike up the price of hand sanitizer, or the shelves empty there is always the alcohol selection.... Then if you get de ting, then you can drown your sorrows with the left overs.

Last edited by Expat (Mar 20, 2020 10:47 pm)

Offline

#17 Mar 20, 2020 11:43 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: How about some good news?

A local whiskey distillery owned by a friend of mine has started making and distributing hand sanitizer.  Marketing genius.

Offline

#18 Mar 21, 2020 8:26 am

Slice
Active

Re: How about some good news?

WH Man wrote:
Slice wrote:

It was made official last night on CNN, hope you were watching. JHU send ah possible cure to the FDA, for approval and testing.  I told you last week, that it was reported on our local news, that JHU made a break through that could be ah cure for COVD19.  The discovery was tested and showed it could be very effective.

Ah wonder if you go still doubt me.


"ah possible cure to the FDA, for approval and testing....."        "break through that could be ah cure for COVD19"  …. "The discovery was tested and showed it could be very effective."


Do you really translate that to mean that as of TODAY, we now have a CURE for COVID 19?

You damn right. Coming from JHU health, ah do believe it is ah cure. As ah one time Marylander, I think you know the reputation of JHU. From what are saying it is very similar to how Ebola was cured.  They also say, if approved by the FDA, it could be the first on the market before any other drugs.

Offline

#19 Mar 21, 2020 8:30 am

Slice
Active

Re: How about some good news?

Expat wrote:

In the mean time we are told by suspect video's that hot lemon juice is the cure..... I wonder if the entire medical profession.... screwed as it is has missed something. Off to the back yard to get the cure... smile

That voice on this hot lemon, as ah known untruth teller.  That same voice said ah bunch ah untruth about Rihanna. Ah just wish folks would use their commonsense and don't share these crazy videos.

These folks are the very same who made ah video saying mangoes and other tropical fruits are dangerous.

Offline

#20 Mar 21, 2020 7:00 pm

Expat
Active

Re: How about some good news?

Slice wrote:
Expat wrote:

In the mean time we are told by suspect video's that hot lemon juice is the cure..... I wonder if the entire medical profession.... screwed as it is has missed something. Off to the back yard to get the cure... smile

That voice on this hot lemon, as ah known untruth teller.  That same voice said ah bunch ah untruth about Rihanna. Ah just wish folks would use their commonsense and don't share these crazy videos.

These folks are the very same who made ah video saying mangoes and other tropical fruits are dangerous.

My response to the Hot lemon was supposed to be tongue in cheek and not to be taken seriously, whereas the ting I sent you was probably helpful, and not claiming to be a cure.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB