You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Mar 23, 2020 9:26 am

Slice
Active

Re: 1 case in Grenada

I honestly think Cubans help in the Caribbean is vital for the Caribbean folks.  Mind you poor folks in Grenada are not benefitting from most of Cuban help.  The Health care system in Cuba is probably the best in the Caribbean, but there are major draw backs, their Medical equipment are very old, and as most of us know a good medical system  depends on New technology.

Cuba is about 100 years behind America as far as Medical technology goes.

So me PADNAH who went to Cuba for his surgery, asked if America is so good medically, why were there so many Americans in Cuba for surgery? My  answer was insurance.

BTW according to him his surgery cost ec$20.000. So doh think poor folks are benefitting from Cuba medical system.  Medical tourism is what it is called.  While Cubans wait to see ah doctor, there is no such waiting in the waiting rooms for Medical Tourism.

#12 Mar 23, 2020 9:32 am

Slice
Active

Expat wrote:

The woman came from the UK. Came in March 16. Developed symptoms March 17. Now in Isolation.

So much for monitoring the temperatures of travellers through the airport.

I am now beginning to believe that England is heading in Italy territory, it seems they are under testing.  Maybe their late start will catch up to them.

#13 Mar 23, 2020 2:06 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:
Expat wrote:

The woman came from the UK. Came in March 16. Developed symptoms March 17. Now in Isolation.

So much for monitoring the temperatures of travellers through the airport.

I am now beginning to believe that England is heading in Italy territory, it seems they are under testing.  Maybe their late start will catch up to them.

Don't worry about England, it is absolutely messed up due to doltish Boris and his experts. The Chief Medical Officer and the Chief advisor both got it, so no hopes for everyone else.

What you have to worry about is Amerikee where BS Trump and his bunch of cronies have fiddled while Rome burned, and soon you will have so many cases in metropolitan areas you will probably need plague pits.

Grenada is due to get a big bash. I went out shopping today. IGA sensibly limiting people shopping. However the queue outside was way too close... I simply turned around and walked away.

Workers bundled up together on building sites, staff at CK's no gloves, no masks.... it MUST spread.

#14 Mar 23, 2020 2:40 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Trump's an idiot and bungled the hell out of this thing but, frankly, if he would have done everything right since January 1, I don't see how the situation would be much different than it is.

#15 Mar 23, 2020 3:01 pm

Expat
Active

If he hadn't held back the testing program so early cases could have been tracked down, and forms of isolation had been introduced earlier there would have been an enormous difference in the spread.

Just do the maths, 4 people infecting 4 people every 4 days as against 1.25 people infecting 1.25 people every 4 days over say a 30 day period.

The slower the spread, and it hasn't even really begun to ratchet exponentially which it will ye,t the more likely that it will be that they have medicines to alleviate symptoms, and respirators to keep critical people alive.

Trump more than most World leaders has blood on his hands.

#16 Mar 23, 2020 3:19 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I get how it works but Trump didn't hold back testing.  He has no power to tell the states whether or not to test.  The problem was a lack of available tests.

Do not construe this as a defense of the ignorant, incompetent and idiotic Donald Trump.   There are 330 million people in this country.  The president can't stop them from engaging in legal activity.  He is a moron but even if he wasn't, we would be about where we are.

#17 Mar 23, 2020 3:55 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I get how it works but Trump didn't hold back testing.  He has no power to tell the states whether or not to test.  The problem was a lack of available tests.

Do not construe this as a defense of the ignorant, incompetent and idiotic Donald Trump.   There are 330 million people in this country.  The president can't stop them from engaging in legal activity.  He is a moron but even if he wasn't, we would be about where we are.

He did not take up the WHO test kits and the process of creating star spangle banner ones was delayed by a defect of some kind, so yes he did delay the testing. No testing, no clue as to how and where things are spreading. Yes he is responsible, and yes the figures are far worse at this point than they needed to be, last but not least yes he is a frickin idiot with a spineless bunch of suck ups cow towing dickwads behind him, trying to cover up his jerk reaction from what Fox says bullshit.

As for stopping people engaging in legal activities they are already almost ready to start taking away your rights because of the virus, AND any other similar issue. The Land of the Free just got the shackle waved in the air.

Had the British government had more balls they wouldn't be waiting for the exponential growth of the virus either.

We in Grenada will be Fcked by the half wits who want to go and lime because they don't have tv's or electricity at home, so liming is the way to pass the time. Plus watching people working, and talking to each other today they have no idea what social distancing means.

#18 Mar 23, 2020 4:09 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Look, I hate him as much as you but the US isn't a single country with a king. It is a republic with 50 governors and 50 different Public Health Departments.  I get that it easier just to imagine that the president has god-like power but he doesn't.  He bungled the hell out of this but he isn't the cause for where we are.  If he had the power you imagine he has, he'd still be saying it is a hoax and nothing would be happening.  In fact, he had to react because the states were acting around him.

#19 Mar 23, 2020 11:35 pm

Expat
Active

The States Governors etc did not hold back or jump in and create or buy test kits. The Cuomos of this World I am sure have tried to ameliorate the frick up he initiated, but he started the balls up, he delayed the hell out of it, he had no action plan until it was thrust upon him, and he still keeps spouting unconscionable crap even now.

Ins spite of him, various hospitals and agencies are trying to develop stuff, but were it down to dick wad you would be a hundred times worse off.

I don't care what you say, if they had viable test kits say 10 days earlier and were able to track the original infections the whole bloody mess would be so much further away from a run away train.

Same shit in the UK, trying to be cautious and "slow" it down so it didn't overwhealm the health service without mandating behaviour the darwinites have spread it far and wide.

Now the UK is in lockdown, anybody who isn't either a health worker, or a key worker should be off the streets unless they have a bloody good reason, apart from health reasons, weekly shopping, and a little exercise.

Never mind 70+ staying in, everybody should be staying in.

They should be doing the same thing in America at least a week ago.

Board footer