You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Mar 24, 2020 4:48 pm

Expat
Active

The Cost of CV in America

I saw an article on the the rotating news flash. It was a couple of days ago so I might muddle it up a bit.

A medically uninsured lady had a condition being treated by a doctor, who thought she might have the CV, so sent her for tests, she didn't have the CV, but after the tests and room etc she got a bill for $37,000.

Say what you like about UK and European state supported medicine, unless you are a non resident in the UK you aint nevva getting that kind of surprise.

#2 Mar 24, 2020 5:12 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: The Cost of CV in America

America's privately based healthcare system is totally unsuited to dealing with a public pandemic. Which calls for strong, centralized, coordinated, science-based government action and leadership. None of which applies presently.

#3 Mar 24, 2020 5:17 pm

houston
Active

The folks that refuse to heed the warnings are going to make this thing a long haul of several months or more.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/cov … oronavirus

#4 Mar 24, 2020 5:27 pm

houston
Active

Those without health care coverage could be in for a big shock.
It may explain the recent spike of deaths in the US.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/cov … -epicentre

#5 Mar 24, 2020 6:36 pm

Expat
Active

Obama was such a bastard for trying to make health care a thing for all... He should a been dragged away and shot. How dare he.

If I understand, Bernie is being stupid simply wanting all pay all get, free at point of service with no private care.

The UK has no problem with anyone who wants to pay the extra and go private reaping the benefits.

The last two surgical procedures I had were private. With the more recently acquired knowledge, I would have been better off without either of those interventions, but if it's private you can be sure the surgeon is going to want to help.

Last edited by Expat (Mar 24, 2020 6:40 pm)

#6 Mar 24, 2020 7:02 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

You foreigners are all are a hell of a lot more worried about my health care than I am.  It's amusing.

#7 Mar 25, 2020 10:02 am

Expat
Active

It's OK for the ones who can afford it ain't it.

#8 Mar 25, 2020 9:50 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Everybody can afford it.  If you are poor you get Medicaid for free.  Just like in all hallowed Britain.  If you are low income, you get subsidized insurance that you can afford.

The only reason you are uninsured in the US is because you are such a fook-up that you didn't fill out the forms to get insurance.

Don't believe the bullshit propaganda.

#9 Mar 25, 2020 10:24 pm

houston
Active

So those that live in trailer parks are able to get treatments and medical attention as quickly as those that live in gated communities?

I don't get it, why would the gated folks be paying extra for the same type of medical services as the trailer folks?

#10 Mar 25, 2020 11:06 pm

houston
Active

Truth is I do get it.
It's not an equal line up. Those that can afford it will always be first in line.
Those that can't will be told to cross their fingers.

Board footer