You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Apr 23, 2020 10:03 am

Dancer
Active

Corona Poetry - Covid 19

This pandemic has inspired people to pause and reflect . The internet abounds with poetry .

********  not here  on TS , to all the  'writers' , shame , shame*****

This new lockdown has taught , or  is teaching us  not to take anything  for granted .  In  this new quiet time . Isolation ,quarantine  , sickness and loneliness brought  challenges.

'Hey …… we are talking poetry'
Here is a Priest from Ireland Richard Hendricks and a little of his  poem ' LOCKDOWN'
…..some of his musing  similar to mine …. so here goes.

Yes there is fear
Yes there is isolation
Yes there is panic buying
Yes there is sickness
Yes there is even death
BUT
They say  that in Wuhan after so many years of noise
You can hear the birds again
They say that after a few weeks of quiet
The sky is no longer thick with fumes
But blue and grey and clear ………..

It continues a with  other verses …..about love etc
" check it out people."

#2 Apr 23, 2020 10:25 am

New Historian
Active

Re: Corona Poetry - Covid 19

Time to take it easy, time to unwind

Time to slow down, in body and in mind

Time to take a real good look

Time to write that book

Time to talk with those you love

Time to learn to cook

#3 Apr 24, 2020 7:22 am

Dancer
Active

I like the last one. lol.

#4 Apr 24, 2020 12:05 pm

Calypso
Active

Dancer wrote:

I go outside everyday and Central park every Saturday o eat a hot dog! I fear nothing!!

#5 Apr 24, 2020 12:50 pm

New Historian
Active

Calypso wrote:
Dancer wrote:

I go outside everyday and Central park every Saturday o eat a hot dog! I fear nothing!!

Nor did Boris, shaking hands with Covid patients in hospital, because, just like you, he's invincible.

#6 Apr 24, 2020 12:52 pm

Slice
Active

Are you dat brave or maybe stupid? Ah mean ah go to Supermarkets and do essentials stuff.  I try me best not to go out if I can.

Last edited by Slice (Apr 24, 2020 12:54 pm)

#7 Apr 24, 2020 6:56 pm

Dancer
Active

This is educational , a learning curve. Someone mentioned fear and hot dogs in the same sentence.
Do you know that a hot dog has many names ? Frank , wiener , weenie , Tube steak ,  sausage and banger.

Now fear.

If people in horror movies  listened to me , they would still be alive.
I am not a leader but a follower ; unless its a dark place, then , f... that shit , you are going first.
I am afraid of 3 things. Women , snakes , and the police. They all have the ability to hurt me  and make it look like my fault.
I saw a spider in my bath tub , so I got a piece of tissue and very carefully burned the house down.

I think I'll have a shower now … hummmm.
6 pm curfew time  …… get off the streets.

#8 May 15, 2020 9:56 am

Dancer
Active

Calypso wrote:
Dancer wrote:

……………………
…………………..

What's Up Calypso  ? Sulking ?
Masked ?
Had any hot dogs , lately ?

#9 May 15, 2020 3:57 pm

Expat
Active

Dancer wrote:

This is educational , a learning curve. Someone mentioned fear and hot dogs in the same sentence.
Do you know that a hot dog has many names ? Frank , wiener , weenie , Tube steak ,  sausage and banger.

Now fear.

If people in horror movies  listened to me , they would still be alive.
I am not a leader but a follower ; unless its a dark place, then , f... that shit , you are going first.
I am afraid of 3 things. Women , snakes , and the police. They all have the ability to hurt me  and make it look like my fault.
I saw a spider in my bath tub , so I got a piece of tissue and very carefully burned the house down.

I think I'll have a shower now … hummmm.
6 pm curfew time  …… get off the streets.

Maybe in America, but Banger and Sausage are interchangeable in the UK, but have NO connection with hot dogs.

The hot dogs may be a form of sausage, but a very bastardised version of same.

A sausage of old was a way to use up the scraps, add a bit of seasoning, and some breadcrumbs or similar, in a skin, and it was good to go. A Banger as in Bangers and Mash, is the same animal. Probably called that as if you didn't prick them they would bust their skins. Never heard one go bang..Maybe before my time... smile

Some of our sausages now are prestige products made from the best cuts of meat, and have very specific fat content etc.

A Hot dog is a chemical factory added to mechanically stripped meat made into a paste and injected into a plastic wrap. The texture is vastly different.

Even your Sausages (that we get here) are ghastly over salted creations. Oscar Myers I think it is.

#10 May 15, 2020 11:01 pm

houston
Active

Nothing better than a good country made sausage. No doubt that those things sold at the grocery are loaded with salt, but let's be honest, any tube of so called meat is loaded with scraps and seasoned up any way you like it.
Yeah, get a craving for a good hot dog once in a while and they are made of the nastiest of the nasty scraps.
Can't believe that we stupid kids would eat them things raw at times.

Board footer