You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 May 02, 2020 6:48 am

Slice
Active

EXPAT, YOU BETTER START SMOKING AGAIN

Now they are saying, that COVID 19 do not like nicotine.  They say the virus can't cling to the tissues of the lung of smokers.  Lord ah doh know what to say about that.  This comes with ah very strict warning. They are afraid folks will start smoking like mad.

Seriously France is looking into the possibility, nicotine could be ah cure.  France or Italy, or doh remember which country are looking into that possibility.

Expat if ah was you, ah was going to buy all the Phoenix in Grenada.

#2 May 02, 2020 9:17 am

gripe
Active

Re: EXPAT, YOU BETTER START SMOKING AGAIN

Slice, that is an interesting development in the fight against the Covid-19 beast. The idea that such a cure would upend the movement to curb cigarette smoking is just stunning. We will see how that plays out.

Regarding your suggestion to Expat, jokingly serious I believe, here is one other way to approach the issue: Nicotine patches. Apparently, a 21 mg patch is equivalent to 1 pack of cigarettes.

So, Expat may not need to "buy all the Phoenix in Grenada." My only concern is that he does not cover his head, chest, arms, even his toe nails, with Nicotine patches.

Expat, beware of Doctor Slice! He may be hearing too much remedies from "Dr. Lysol Ultraviolet"!

#3 May 02, 2020 10:07 am

Expat
Active

Slice is in deer in the headlight mode, all he has to do is keep he distance, wash he han, cover he nose an mout, and stop rubbing he eye, he go be good. He just wants company sucking on cancer sticks.  Not me. I gave up 46 years ago, and I know it doesn't take much to get hooked again.

I am sure he has a list of honey doo's longer than both arms, so just keep wifey happy, and it will all be good.

Just beware the WHO, and the CDC, they seem to be making up almost as much as Dr Lysol and surgeon general Trump.

I am posting stuff all over the place so I can't remember if I linked it on TS, but the Chinese are apparently make a big thing about VitC.  Via an American Epidemiologist reporting on it, it seems if you take in as much as you can manage without giving yourself stomach problems, it can possibly reduce your likelihood to catch the virus, added to that, in hospital in China they are giving VitC intravenously to CV19 patients.

It is an anecdotal tale, but apparently an elderly family member did get the virus, and was looked after by the family until she had to go into hospital, she and they had been using vitC, none of the rest of the family caught it, and the elderly lady recovered fairly quickly. I sells it as I buy it.

I must admit I thought it can't do you much harm popping a VitC tablet, and it will help your body defend itself, but the Chinee seem to have taken it one stage further.

Last edited by Expat (May 02, 2020 10:11 am)

#4 May 02, 2020 11:03 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I looked it up.  There does appear to be growing evidence that smoking reduces the incidence and severity of Covid-19.

That said, Trump was also absolutely correct.  Injecting a large amount of bleach will absolutely, positively kill the virus.

I don't recommend smoking or injecting bleach for pretty much the same reason.

#5 May 02, 2020 11:29 am

gripe
Active

Expat, the Vitamin C treatment has been gaining traction because it apparently is true.

RD, that "absolute" result is, as you made clear, the compelling reason to avoid Dr. Lysol's remedies. Some cures are just too good.

#6 May 02, 2020 11:54 am

Slice
Active

gripe wrote:

Slice, that is an interesting development in the fight against the Covid-19 beast. The idea that such a cure would upend the movement to curb cigarette smoking is just stunning. We will see how that plays out.

Regarding your suggestion to Expat, jokingly serious I believe, here is one other way to approach the issue: Nicotine patches. Apparently, a 21 mg patch is equivalent to 1 pack of cigarettes.

So, Expat may not need to "buy all the Phoenix in Grenada." My only concern is that he does not cover his head, chest, arms, even his toe nails, with Nicotine patches.

Expat, beware of Doctor Slice! He may be hearing too much remedies from "Dr. Lysol Ultraviolet"!

gripe, Expat is ah very well educated person.  He wont listen to me, with me ASSNESS.

Well if they prove the nicotine thing is real, now ah good

#7 May 02, 2020 11:57 am

Slice
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I looked it up.  There does appear to be growing evidence that smoking reduces the incidence and severity of Covid-19.

That said, Trump was also absolutely correct.  Injecting a large amount of bleach will absolutely, positively kill the virus.

I don't recommend smoking or injecting bleach for pretty much the same reason.

Lord RD, if you say dat on FOX, most ah Trump supporters dead.

#8 May 02, 2020 1:57 pm

houston
Active

gripe wrote:

Expat, the Vitamin C treatment has been gaining traction because it apparently is true.

RD, that "absolute" result is, as you made clear, the compelling reason to avoid Dr. Lysol's remedies. Some cures are just too good.

Not so fast with the Dr. Lysol remedy, there are reports that dead bodies can transmit the virus.
Vitamin C, better stock up before there is a toilet roll run on it and shelves are left bare.

#9 May 02, 2020 6:01 pm

gripe
Active

So, Houston, I understand. That remedy from Dr. Lysol ironically has a 'life' of its own because, even after sending users to their end, the damage is not complete and may be even more tragic with spread from the supposed final source.

Clearly, that is good, good reason to let Dr. Lysol earn his stripes elsewhere . . . not at your/our expense.

#10 May 11, 2020 8:16 pm

houston
Active

Slice, it might be a good time to increase from one pack a day to two packs a day.
Just joking, certainly wouldn't recommend it. But as the writer suggests, maybe better to delay that quitting date for now.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/colby- … -to-ignore

Board footer