You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 May 07, 2020 2:14 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Ban the behemoths

Yeah it's a huge attraction for hippies, druids, witches, ravers and other assorted nutters! Every Equinox they arrive in droves, so they need to protect it from ourselves. Nice broody picture.

#12 May 07, 2020 3:56 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I suppose as long as I am sharing photos from that trip.... here is my youngest at Trafalgar Square.

enhance-1.jpg

#13 May 07, 2020 4:05 pm

New Historian
Active

Beautiful picture.

#14 May 07, 2020 7:17 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Imagine.  I took my family and flew to London.  It seems so impossible now.   Will we ever get that freedom back?

#15 May 07, 2020 7:44 pm

houston
Active

This plane was coming in for landing. Then it began to break up and I realized it was just a cloud. 

20200507-192720.jpg

#16 May 07, 2020 8:41 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Here is evidence that I don't like crowds and prefer a deep immersion.  I paid a hefty price to get an after-hours, private tour of Stonehenge.   No other tourists; just a historian guide.  It also allowed us to get inside the stones which most tourists are not allowed to do.  I would rather spend my money on that sort of thing than on a damned cruise ship. 

This is the view through the stones that position the equinox.

https://i.postimg.cc/V00BZFLT/IMGP4841.jpg

I went there as a younger fella back when you could just walk among the stones. I don't know if there was a charge back then, I wouldn't have been the one dipping in my pocket for change. I suspect back then it would have been a free viewing.

Board footer