You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 May 07, 2020 8:43 pm

Expat
Active

Time to celebrate

Hard to find things to cheer one up these days, but....

Friday the 8th of May is V.E Day..... yayyyyyyy.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=v.e.d … ijsu-qm7oM:

https://www.iwm.org.uk/history/what-you … out-ve-day

Last edited by Expat (May 07, 2020 9:06 pm)

#2 May 07, 2020 9:08 pm

houston
Active

Re: Time to celebrate

Good stuff Expat.
We have become so spoiled with good life that we can't fathom what our parents and grandparents had to deal with.
Yeah, we really are a bunch of wimps today.

#3 May 08, 2020 9:25 am

Expat
Active

houston wrote:

Good stuff Expat.
We have become so spoiled with good life that we can't fathom what our parents and grandparents had to deal with.
Yeah, we really are a bunch of wimps today.

That is an absolute fact.

There are a hell of a lot of people out there who are in dire straits work, health and finance wise. No doubt. I have every sympathy for them.

But the whiners who can't be asked to keep their backsides quiet cos I haven't seen my best buddy for 2 weeks, FFS. grow up.

These arseholes protesting many without masks, and keeping too close, and carrying rifles obviously to be intimidating. The whole bloody lot shoulda been hosed down with a water cannon, and corralled together so they could exterminate each other rather than friends and family when they get back home. Frickin idiots.

The founding fathers did not create the Bill of Rights for jerk offs to demand the right to inadvertently kill their neighbours. Wise though those guys seemed to have been, They could neither have envisaged a country where there are more guns than people, or the kind of pandemic we are experiencing now.

#4 May 08, 2020 10:02 am

Slice
Active

Americans are ah totally different breed. Americans have tons to be thankful for, but lord they can be ARSE holes sometimes.  The case that happened in Texas is ah great example, of how Americans can be so damn difficult.

The judge gave that woman every oppurnity to close down and walk away. She did not and therefore to me did not have ah choice, she was clearly breaking the law.  Now the  Texas Supreme court, ah say the Texas Supreme court say she broke no laws.

That is America.

Expat here is the other great news.  Ah heard through the Grape Vine, Grenada will open its air port next month.

#5 May 08, 2020 10:35 am

Real Distwalker
Active

The gun toting radicals are definitely assholes but they serve a purpose.  So do women like the salon owner who wouldn't shut down. If everybody rolled over and obeyed commands like a schnauzer, we would be a nation of lap dogs.  America always errors more on the end of the freedom continuum than other nations.

The bottom line is that there are only two types of people in the world: Those who want people to be controlled and those who don't.  To my way of thinking, about 80% of human wisdom is based on a willingness to keep your nose our of other people's business.

#6 May 08, 2020 3:13 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

The gun toting radicals are definitely assholes but they serve a purpose.  So do women like the salon owner who wouldn't shut down. If everybody rolled over and obeyed commands like a schnauzer, we would be a nation of lap dogs.  America always errors more on the end of the freedom continuum than other nations.

The bottom line is that there are only two types of people in the world: Those who want people to be controlled and those who don't.  To my way of thinking, about 80% of human wisdom is based on a willingness to keep your nose our of other people's business.

Yep they do serve a purpose, they remind us that Darwin wipes arseholes out. A lesson to anyone with half a brain.

Without Rule of Law you have anarchy. Whether it is an emergency powers mandate, or a good old fashioned cop telling you clearly. "Please sir move back". which every audience seems to want to violate. If it is not an illegal directive. YOU DO IT. That is not being a roll over doggy.

Of the people, for the people. We the people over the centuries via protest, or legal channels established the Laws we are governed by. Some may be a bit whacky, and those you protest against, but in almost every case... do not break.

The days of going to Montana from Texas because you had a shoot out, and you want a fresh start in theory ended like 120 years ago.

#7 May 08, 2020 3:20 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Americans are ah totally different breed. Americans have tons to be thankful for, but lord they can be ARSE holes sometimes.  The case that happened in Texas is ah great example, of how Americans can be so damn difficult.

The judge gave that woman every oppurnity to close down and walk away. She did not and therefore to me did not have ah choice, she was clearly breaking the law.  Now the  Texas Supreme court, ah say the Texas Supreme court say she broke no laws.

That is America.

Expat here is the other great news.  Ah heard through the Grape Vine, Grenada will open its air port next month.

I truly hope that is bogus. All this BS we are going through to throw it away and let a string of asymptomatic visitors in.

Lets face it it was visiting Grenadians that gave us the virus here, not the Chinese.

We need no more cases. Watching workers outside IGA today sitting round tables, with scarves/masks down on their chests, sitting breezing out. The little shop across from Westerhall School with the old fella serving without a mask. On the way to Town there was a young White woman getting ready to buy from a vegetable vendor... no mask. It is really lucky this thing isn't rampant in the country so far.

#8 May 08, 2020 4:51 pm

Slice
Active

So, how much longer you thinking.  Most of your income comes from the docks.  Ah wonder how long you are willing to go, with no income.

#9 May 08, 2020 5:22 pm

houston
Active

Expat wrote:

Hard to find things to cheer one up these days, but....

Friday the 8th of May is V.E Day..... yayyyyyyy.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=v.e.d … ijsu-qm7oM:

https://www.iwm.org.uk/history/what-you … out-ve-day

An additional story, good reading. Something to take the mind off of those Murder Hornets.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/this-i … -ago-today

#10 May 08, 2020 6:02 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

So, how much longer you thinking.  Most of your income comes from the docks.  Ah wonder how long you are willing to go, with no income.

Yes there was a basic stoppage, but trade continues, containers are clearing the docks, and I think they are now allowing things like barrels to clear, just it has to be an organised event rather than hap hazard. Car imports etc etc.

But tell me. In what we might call "normal times" people would be jumping up and down for the loss of anyone through medical misadventure, or poor work practices leading to a death.

The cry would be, you can't put a monetary value on a life. Yet thats exactly what YOU want to do.

How many Grenadians have to die simply to open up to the catastrophically affected 1st World.

All the countries that want to "relax" are rotten with the disease apart from New Zealand and Australia it seems.

America, Canada, Britain, France, even Germany to a lesser extent are all countries that will have travelers coming here. Either as tourists or residents who got locked out. We cant even leave our yards 24/7 on non shopping days, yet Slice, and uncle Tom Cobbley an all can just saunter back? In that case why bother.

Last edited by Expat (May 08, 2020 6:04 pm)

Board footer