You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Feb 27, 2017 12:36 pm

Webmaster
Administrator

Tags and post customization.

Vanni wrote:

I wanted to post a question under a new topic here, but apparently only the Webmaster can start a new topic in this category.

So, unrelated question:

I attempted to format my text with [justify] or [center], but it is not available as a tag.

Any intention of expanding the tag and formatting options? Including the personal choice of colour, etc.? And some fun effects like scrolling texts, etc.?

Just suggestions: you may have your reasons to not be offering this.

You can change the colour of your text, make links, bold and so forth.  You can learn how my clicking on the tag links below the message field.

These are the standard tags for this particular software.  More could be added but, for now, this is just the off-the-shelf offering.  We will consider upgrades in the future.

#2 Feb 27, 2017 1:57 pm

Vanni
Active

Re: Tags and post customization.

Thank you for caring smile Yes I found the list of tags, and was wondering whether it was a good idea to add further text editing options.

#3 Mar 26, 2017 2:04 am

Grenada Democratic Party

Why is the message board so hard to navigate??? One will think they can simply create a new post by clicking on a category...while the update is good navigation is poor. Hence the reduction of posters.

#4 Mar 26, 2017 2:14 pm

Webmaster
Administrator

Grenada Democratic Party wrote:

Why is the message board so hard to navigate??? One will think they can simply create a new post by clicking on a category...while the update is good navigation is poor. Hence the reduction of posters.

Creating a new post is easy.  Inside of each forum, on the top right of the list of existing topics is a link to "Post new topic".   All that is needed to create a new post is to click on that link.  (Only the moderators can create a new topic in the "Forum Tips and Help" section.  I assume that is the source of your confusion.  I apologize.)

Responding to existing posts is self-explanatory.

#5 Apr 02, 2017 5:13 am

Calypso
Active

Webmaster, I don't see how to start a new link. How can I do it?

#6 Apr 02, 2017 6:37 pm

Webmaster
Administrator

Calypso wrote:

Webmaster, I don't see how to start a new link. How can I do it?

Only the moderator can start new topics in this forum.  We wanted to keep it neat and easy to find answers.  I will start a new category for people to ask questions.  If the question warrants it, I will add a new topic.

Board footer