You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 May 20, 2020 11:21 pm

New Historian
Active

Bike Blunders 2

One thing you do not want to do on a bike is hit an animal, you’ll get more hurt than it will. One night I was riding to a girlfriend’s house, at the top of Red Hills, and in the middle of a straight stretch of road, a puppy wandered directly into my path. Swerving wasn’t an option at my speed, so I jammed on both brakes, screeching to a halt, inches away from the cowering little thing. I reached down, picked him up and gently deposited him over the fence, to his anxiously mewling mum.

Two hours later I was returning along the same stretch of road, still smiling from an enjoyable interlude with said girlfriend, when the same stupid puppy decides, again, to play with my headlight. This time there was no way I could stop in time, so I braced myself, and waited for the impact. Which, fortunately, was no more than a thud-thud-wobble and on we go. The poor little thing, he just wouldn’t learn.

Damage: One dead puppy.

#2 May 21, 2020 12:02 pm

Slice
Active

Re: Bike Blunders 2

NH you must get ah job as ah writer.  Leh me ask you something, do you plan and starting your own News Paper in Grenada?  You very active on FB and other places, where you have to write.  I can take all dey reading all your posting on FB and TS.

#3 May 21, 2020 1:13 pm

Expat
Active

He has a job as a writer, but he hasn't quite mastered keeping track of the tales.... smile

Yep, 4 wheels does handle bounce better. A dog ran out of a gap going down towards sugar mill before Hubbards. Thump on the front wheel, look at animal spin and drop in the mirror. Still there on the way back.

#4 May 22, 2020 12:02 am

New Historian
Active

Expat wrote:

He has a job as a writer, but he hasn't quite mastered keeping track of the tales.... smile

Yep, 4 wheels does handle bounce better. A dog ran out of a gap going down towards sugar mill before Hubbards. Thump on the front wheel, look at animal spin and drop in the mirror. Still there on the way back.

The tale-teller's art, my friend, rests on repetition: he tells and retells his tales, modifying here, embellishing there, fine-tuning. Ya dig? Sorry y'all have to be my captive audience, especially the repeats lol!

Thanks Sliceman, you spur me on!

Board footer