You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 May 25, 2020 8:50 am

Expat
Active

Very mixed messages

Things are getting screwy.

You have to maintain social distancing to get on the ferry, give id etc to go to Carriacou.

Yet you can go to a pedicurist, tattooist, hair dresser, etc etc. Where is the consistency?

#2 May 25, 2020 9:03 am

Slice
Active

Re: Very mixed messages

Well there are some great news for the folks on the cruise ships, that wanted to enter Trini.  The government say they can come in.  It is very confusing up here also in Maryland.  Daily the number of cases are going up, hospitalization is going down.  Ah doh get why we are opening up. Now it has been about two months, sine ah got ah hair cut, but ah doh care, keep the place close.

Last edited by Slice (May 26, 2020 11:04 am)

#3 May 25, 2020 9:53 am

Expat
Active

I have just been informed the easing of restrictions for beuty purposes, and the change of times, and the use of bus spacing I commented on were bogus.  What bloody fool puts out fake news at a time like this.

There is to be a Government report today at 4pm.

#4 May 25, 2020 11:27 am

New Historian
Active

Expat wrote:

Things are getting screwy.

You have to maintain social distancing to get on the ferry, give id etc to go to Carriacou.

Yet you can go to a pedicurist, tattooist, hair dresser, etc etc. Where is the consistency?

Didn't you say you'd never been to Carriacou? Sounds like a good time to rectify that lol, or better yet: PM!!

#5 May 25, 2020 2:13 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Expat hasn't been to Carriacou or PM?!   I have been to both!

#6 May 25, 2020 5:12 pm

Expat
Active

Na Na ni naa na, yah boo sucks.

Except as a tour guide or on a mission I don't leave my area, as give or take a beach or view the whole place is pretty much the same. Can't see any point. It's hot, it has Coconut trees, houses, roads, cars, culture... just like St David.

#7 May 25, 2020 6:36 pm

gripe
Active

RD, you beat me to those two places as well. I, too, have not, yet, been to either Carriacou or Petite Martinique. In time . . .

#8 May 25, 2020 7:17 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I have even briefly visited Ronde Island.  The benefit of having a helicopter.

#9 May 25, 2020 7:19 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Expat hasn't been to Carriacou or PM?!   I have been to both!

Carriacou seems pretty distant from everything else in the world.  Sort of like when I visited the island of Rota.  No, I take that back.  Rota really feels like the last place on earth.

#10 May 25, 2020 9:46 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I have even briefly visited Ronde Island.  The benefit of having a helicopter.

Ah, well even I have been to Isle de Ronde....  The benefit of being an auxiliary Coast Guard... smile (Boats)

We went huntin. As you do, when you are a coast guard.. Camped out overnight on the little beach looking out to  Sauteurs. Trecked the length and breadth of the Island..

Last edited by Expat (May 25, 2020 9:48 pm)

Board footer