You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 May 28, 2020 11:48 am

Slice
Active

EXPAT THIS IS CONSPIRACY

Now ah know, this is very well coordinated conspiracy, by all ah allyu them Grenadians living in Grenada.  Ah mean I have not spoken to one Grenadians, who is feeling we should be coming to Grenada, anytime soon.

Did the government make ah announcement rejecting us JCBs?

Everyone living in Grenada, even me white Canadian PADNAH are all saying stay allyu ARSE up dey.  The person ah thought was going to be happy for me to come to Grenada, even she say, nah not yet.  WHAT THE F$%K is this?  Now ah hearing the region will open very soon, but no air traffic from Canada, America and England.

One person say maybe November, December.  Ah say wha say dat again? And she said late 2020.

#2 May 28, 2020 12:39 pm

Expat
Active

Re: EXPAT THIS IS CONSPIRACY

Slice, why don't you check GIS Grenada, and get the information almost as we get it? If there is going to be a press conference they usually put a letter up, and it is normally around 4pm local, although the Police sometimes have theirs around half 8 in the morning.

They talk about opening the place up, but they also say with caution, and with Quarantine in place. No they are not saying no JCB's, they say they feel for those away that want to come home. But it is clear it will not be first flight let em in. It just aint going to be like that.

Can you not see you are living in a admittedly very big country with a very big population, but regardless, we see over 100,000 deaths, with 1,703,989 cases, and idiots roaming the streets and heading to the beach like its the 4th of july in a normal year. We have 5 active cases including the last imported case all under lock and key. With a total of 23 including the one that got away. With not one death to date. Hoping it stays that way.

You guys are not going to beat this thing until a vaccine is produced. The general public is too self interested without care or regard for others.

Like I said before, we have been under what was initially 24/7 CURFEW, with a slowly increased liberty, we have not been on a wander round as you feel fit system like you have over there.

Now we are under curfew from 7pm to 5am, and most shops are open every normal trading day. But public use of masks is MANDATORY. keeping distance is MANDATORY. Not drinking in public is MANDATORY. You cannot fill a car with people from different households even if the same family, masks have to be worn in the car if more than one person.

They are only now just opening up a very restricted bus service with cleaning after every trip, only 9 passengers max... spaced out. Passengers will be hand sanitized before they get on the bus. They are completely changing the locations of the bus stands to match the new space requirements.

We are NOTHING like you people in America, Britain, and Canada it seems. Had you been, your case load would have probably been 10 times smaller.

No mate we don't want you here unless you take quarantine like a man.

My own personal idea I just made up is you have a test before your travel date, and then a test on arrival, followed by quarantine.... but perhaps only for a week if the tests stay negative.

Actually if this 11 day thing is true, then a certificate that you have been screened and found positive, but non infectious would make it an instantly entering situation. Unfortunately unless they can find antibodies a negative response means you might still be asymptomatic or pre symptomatic. So we would have to give it time to prove you actually are negative. Otherwise you could come out negative, wander round and be positive 4 or 10 days later. Infecting as you go. Like I said I just made that up. Dont expect it to happen.

For me life has changed very little here, but for poorer folks it must have been absolute hell. Limited access to money, even if sent in by moneygram, no buses, no one wanting to pick up strangers. For a long time very few jobs of any kind to find money to pay bills.

Similarities to the millions in America that are furloughed or jobless. But without the queues for the free meals from aid workers. No aid, no queue in Grenada.

Me I think the Government is overdoing it. We have not had any form of community spread for a while, and even that I am pretty sure was introduced by a grain ship from America. Until something crops up out of the wood work they should just let us get back to normal. However it seems in this country wearing masks is going to be the new normal indefinitely.  Hand sanitizing at the drop of a hat, keep yer distance etc.  Dowwwww.

Last edited by Expat (May 28, 2020 12:46 pm)

#3 May 28, 2020 3:29 pm

New Historian
Active

I done here in boring-ass Bim at the end of August, and nothing or no one will keep me from returning home to Greenz - even if I have to swim! I think regional travel will reopen early June, all the countries are doing well, especially among the OECS. It's you Yankees that are the big worry, with your ignorant maskless Trumpists!

Today another body blow to Grenada's economy came: SGU is going online for the August term - that sound you're hearing is the last gasp, of the Grenadian economy!

#4 May 28, 2020 4:19 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Smug, smug, smug...  Sorry Expat, the 'rona is out there.  Waiting. Biding its time.  There is no escaping it.  You can lock people down as hard as you want and it will just wait until you crack the door.

#5 May 28, 2020 9:10 pm

New Historian
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Smug, smug, smug...  Sorry Expat, the 'rona is out there.  Waiting. Biding its time.  There is no escaping it.  You can lock people down as hard as you want and it will just wait until you crack the door.

How's it by you dude? Can't imagine it's tearing through the prairies, hope y'all good!

Question: I know you're a right-of-Clint Libertarian and all that, but what you think about those militant anti-isolationists? Do their precious "individual freedoms" outweigh the public, proven good?

#6 May 28, 2020 9:26 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I don't know who annoy me more...

A) Those who refuse to wear a mask and demand that this thing is a hoax and that it is some kind of a conspiracy to control us...

...or...

B) Those who think we can just keep everything closed and force people to stay home until the 'rona magically disappears.

The former of abject idiots.  The latter are cowards who put safety above everything including freedom, adventure, education, fellowship, love and life.

I can't abide either one. 

As for me, I am glad things are easing back open but I have no plans to return my employees to the office.  They have proved they can be productive working from home.  I wear a mask when I am in stores even when not required.  I only get food from restaurants for carry out.  My church, where I am an elder, will not be opening up for a while and I was part of that.

It is pretty easy to socially distance here.  I don't have to see a living soul from outside my household for days and days if I don't want to.  We have two hospitals in the county with a couple thousand beds total and, as of right now, there are 7 Covid-19 patients.  There are no active cases in my township.   In Iowa, the nursing homes and meat packing plants got clobbered.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (May 28, 2020 9:30 pm)

#7 May 29, 2020 1:54 pm

Slice
Active

Japan let folks ride their rail, and from what ah hear it maybe just as crowded as NY.  Everyone of the Japan train must wear mask, and from what they are saying, not ah soul caught the virus.

It is very foolish for anyone not to wear a mask in public. 80% of all COVID19 infections are airborne.

Then someone send me ah video, saying Italy beat this thing, because they recognize it is not ah virus, but bacteria, and dat they are encouraging everyone to take antibiotics.  That is the cure.

Ah tired arguing with the guy that sent me this video on whatcrapp, so ah just leaving he alone.  I am not sharing that message doh.

What is crazy, it is the same folks dat say mangoes are poisonous, and no one see dat.

Ah just wish folks will stop sending me SHEET.

#8 May 29, 2020 1:58 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

It is definitely not a bacteria.  It is a virus and it's RNA has been mapped.

#9 May 30, 2020 12:04 am

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

I done here in boring-ass Bim at the end of August, and nothing or no one will keep me from returning home to Greenz - even if I have to swim! I think regional travel will reopen early June, all the countries are doing well, especially among the OECS. It's you Yankees that are the big worry, with your ignorant maskless Trumpists!

Today another body blow to Grenada's economy came: SGU is going online for the August term - that sound you're hearing is the last gasp, of the Grenadian economy!

I see your point about online tuition, but clever as they may be I doubt they can do courses involving cadaver's whether human or pet on line. I expect portions of the courses will happen that way, as may well happen even with mainland universities. Yes, I know there are online degree courses out there. But they were designed to be so. Just a few months to set up an infrastructure and get all the coursework typed into 0's and 1's..... I don't see it as a permanent thing.

If I recall, they are expecting to name June 30 as the opening up of boarders, but as I keep telling Slicey it is not going to be simply turn up have your body scanned (we had that in MBIA for several years) so people do not even know it's happened. Nope, it will be get on the bus buddy, you are going for a few days at our governments pleasure.

The yachties are being allowed to harbour for the season already, but they are off island for 14 days, with provisions provided by special arrangement. Then if they test negative they are free to roam like everyone else. With masks in public. Constarined by the same curfew and emergency powers the rest of us are.

I did hear mention they would look favourably on charter flights, as the numbers would not be so high as commercial. But no bugger is just going to waltz in.

#10 May 30, 2020 12:11 am

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Japan let folks ride their rail, and from what ah hear it maybe just as crowded as NY.  Everyone of the Japan train must wear mask, and from what they are saying, not ah soul caught the virus.

It is very foolish for anyone not to wear a mask in public. 80% of all COVID19 infections are airborne.

Then someone send me ah video, saying Italy beat this thing, because they recognize it is not ah virus, but bacteria, and dat they are encouraging everyone to take antibiotics.  That is the cure.

Ah tired arguing with the guy that sent me this video on whatcrapp, so ah just leaving he alone.  I am not sharing that message doh.

What is crazy, it is the same folks dat say mangoes are poisonous, and no one see dat.

Ah just wish folks will stop sending me SHEET.

Yep there is an awful lot of crap out there. Some of it plausible, some of it truths intertwined with distortions and sometimes lies. It can be hard to pick the genuine stuff from the 5 seconds of glory mob.

Why they go to so much trouble to disseminate dangerous crap I do not know.

PS. Mangoes can be poisonous. they would certainly hasten my death if I consumed them in any quantity. But it's not the mangoes fault it is my kidneys that can't cope with the minerals in mangoes. Same thing for coconuts, and bananas. Crazy ..... right.

Board footer