You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 May 28, 2020 1:06 pm

Expat
Active

So no reaction to the "knee cop"

I see justifiable rage at the actions of the indifferent cop with his knee on the neck of the guy trying to pass forged money.

I only watched a short clip, but the apparent lack of observation of the assisting officer, and others makes them culpable as well.

We saw that big guy brought down by the neck onto his belly in New York who died. There will be those that are cross with me, but from recollection it was a short period while he was pulled down, and then again at risk of upsetting people I feel it was his own body mass working against him.

This guy though you have an officer who just keeps his weight down on the neck of the guy.

When will someone educate people C3-C5 keeps you alive. A medical mantra.

The nerves that work with your heart and lungs come out in that region of the neck. Why do they hang people by the neck and not the left ankle.

Even short duration compression of the neck can cause an automatic response from the body that after the pressure is released you still die.

FFS. Train people in anatomy, and pressure hold outcomes.

#2 May 29, 2020 1:43 pm

Slice
Active

Re: So no reaction to the "knee cop"

I think it look crazy, it was the COP was having fun killing him.  That is outrageous.  This COP has 12 disciplinary actions.  He was also involved in three shootings, one was fatal.  He is ah murderer, and should be given the death penalty ASAP.

Two CNN reporters in the War zone.  One was arrested and other white one allowed to continue his reporting.  Usually ah take ah wait and see attitude, but this is driving me nuts.  It is very hard to see another human being kneeling on another one neck, and he looked so damn relax, as if nothing was happening.

#3 May 29, 2020 1:56 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

The dead man didn't try to pass fake currency.  He didn't do a damned thing.  He matched the description of a man who tried to pass counterfeit money.

The dead man and the cop who killed him knew each other.  They worked security at the same night club.

It was cold blooded murder.

#4 May 29, 2020 3:08 pm

Slice
Active

OHHO. ah just cant say more.

Last edited by Slice (May 29, 2020 3:09 pm)

#5 May 29, 2020 5:15 pm

houston
Active

That cop will have an unpleasant stay in prison and most likely an unpleasant ending. I often wonder why there are never charges placed on those upper decks that should be held accountable for hiring uneducated goons, giving them a badge, a gun and the keys to a police car.

https://nationalpost.com/news/george-fl … ding-burnt

#6 May 29, 2020 6:12 pm

houston
Active

Maybe just my imagination of American cops but I wonder about their qualifications as peace officers.
Is it just a matter of signing up and then given the dark shades and a box of tooth pixs?
Seriously, where do they find these flunks.
Are they required to have CPR or any first aide training at all? How about some race relationship training for the shave head that gets issued his gun, baton and badge of power?

#7 May 29, 2020 11:39 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

The dead man didn't try to pass fake currency.  He didn't do a damned thing.  He matched the description of a man who tried to pass counterfeit money.

The dead man and the cop who killed him knew each other.  They worked security at the same night club.

It was cold blooded murder.

Just gets worse...

#8 May 29, 2020 11:49 pm

Expat
Active

houston wrote:

Maybe just my imagination of American cops but I wonder about their qualifications as peace officers.
Is it just a matter of signing up and then given the dark shades and a box of tooth pixs?
Are they required to have CPR or any first aide training at all? How about some race relationship training for the shave head that gets issued his gun, baton and badge of power?

Just had a convo today with an educator here in Grenada, and discussing this case and Police in general, and Naively I said I thought the police here had to have a degree or something.

Now this is hearsay, but this was the way it went. paraphrased. "As an educator I have been involved in some of their training, and many were educationally failures with literacy deficiencies, and poor penmanship".

Obviously those that have risen to the top did not have those problems, although I do hear some classic misuses of the English language during the press conferences.

Give a poorly educated man power, and potentially a gun, and it aint a good recipe. Whether in America or Grenada.

We have our fair share of dick heads in the UK police force, which is why they had those tall helmets, but very few get firearms, and I have a degree of confidence they are not mentally deficient.

#9 May 30, 2020 7:53 am

Slice
Active

houston wrote:

Houston, there are plenty things you cant teach.  These folks go through all kinda training, but if you ah racist, what can they teach you about minorities?

I am not sure about polices, they are all corrupt and dishonest, maybe not all. I all my experiences with COPs, I would rather be stopped by white COP than black.  I have never ever in my life had ah good experience, when stopped by ah black COP.

Keep in mind everytime I have been pulled over, it was for traffic incidents.  Ah swear ah have been stopped for speeding about 25 times.

#10 May 30, 2020 8:41 am

Real Distwalker
Active

What I am about to say is in no way a defense of cops being out of line.  It is a potential explanation.

Criminals are real assholes. These are rotten people.  Cops spend their lives dealing with these assholes every day.  After a while, cops just assume that everyone is an asshole.  They get cynical.  They get mean.  They get stupid.  That's when bad stuff happens.

Board footer