You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 May 30, 2020 11:51 pm

Expat
Active

What the hellllll ?????

Just looked at Trini, and the previous last infection was 27th April. Now they have a next one 30th May. Where did that one come from.

Ive heard comments there figures are bogus, so maybe there some background stuff going on, but a month gap, it shouldn't happen if the ports are closed.

#2 May 31, 2020 12:36 am

New Historian
Active

Re: What the hellllll ?????

Lawd man, stop frettin yourself so nuh? Comments, I hear so, maybe it's so - you gonna fret yourself into an early grave! You ent hear yet? "What is to is, must is". Chill, Winstan.

#3 May 31, 2020 9:45 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Seriously.  I am smack dab in the middle of the epicenter and I am less stressed out than Expat.  Chill dude.  Whatever will be, will be.

#4 May 31, 2020 1:44 pm

Expat
Active

I am not the least bit stressed. Concerned as to what and why maybe, but stressed, hardly. Its has not been me whimpering that I couldn't handle all the negative news. I am a what will be will be kinda guy, but I sure as hell ain't stupid enough to not pay attention and not see if I can minimise my risks.

I am attempting to keep this less than active bulletin board going.

As to T&T my point being it was over a month since the previous infection, which begs the question if there hasn't been a series of unreported cases to keep the line going, where did it come from, and if it IS a new outbreak could the same happen to other locations that had seemingly seen the last of it.

Basically the same thing has happened in Mauritius, maybe others, I may skim the tables to see how key places like India and Brazil are faring, but I don't spend hours on it, but maybe there is a trend?  We just don't know what strategies and levels of conformity have been happening just from the graphs.

Last edited by Expat (May 31, 2020 1:58 pm)

#5 May 31, 2020 2:23 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Seriously.  I am smack dab in the middle of the epicenter and I am less stressed out than Expat.  Chill dude.  Whatever will be, will be.

Your epicenter 5 minutes ago was what 8 cases all recovered?   and miles between you and anybody else.

#6 May 31, 2020 3:54 pm

Slice
Active

Doh forget there is something called asymptotic.  If you tink for one minute it is completely gone in Trinidad, or even Grenada, you so wrong.

The number in Maryland is somewhere in the range about fifty thousand.  Ah betting it is about eighty thousand.  Then ah talk to one of me cousin in NY this morning, he went to his doc, but ah have another who was very sick, but he din go ah damn place.  He barely made it.

I am now doing what ah have to do.  I am not being foolish, I wont do restaurant or any place with crowds, ah trying to keep my distance, but it doh always work.

#7 May 31, 2020 4:05 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I meant that America is the epicenter.

#8 May 31, 2020 4:47 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I meant that America is the epicenter.

Ah, yes well, until India takes the lead you most certainly are. They are well behind, but they have their foot on the gas, they will probably overtake you on the straightaway.

Board footer