You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 02, 2020 11:05 pm

Expat
Active

Whatscrap is messing with yer phone

Recently Wifeys phone couldn't back up, and asked for more Icloud space. At cost obviously.

Then blow me if mine didn't start with the same sheite.

I thought it was Iphone gold digging, so I got wifey to get rid of a lot of photo's and crap video's on her phone, and still no backing up.

So I set to work on mine, and I ripped out loads of stuff, and yet the space required was more than available on the cloud. Until I wiped out my Whatsapp conversations.... Yes I could have cherry picked parts, but life is too short.  End result a minute back up is required.

Wifeys phone is overflowing with God Loves You messages, and sickly bunches of roses with good morning etc etc.  It's up to her, but my messages are GAWN.... sorry Slice.... smile

So going forward I will clean out messages much more frequently.

Be guided accordingly, as they say.

I also use Signal, which has a reputation for being more secure than Whatscrap, plus they don't data mine you. It's almost the same as Whatscrap, with a couple of minor differences, although big uploads can be sluggish. Key benefit, you can set the time for it to delete the contents of your conversation automatically.

Last edited by Expat (Jun 02, 2020 11:10 pm)

#2 Jun 03, 2020 9:56 am

Slice
Active

Re: Whatscrap is messing with yer phone

Because ah hate whatcrapp, ah delete most of everything that's on it almost immediately.  Ah keep about five.  One as soon as the conversation ends, it is gone. I have ah secret folder on my phone, I can move pics and important stuff to that folder. BTW, Expat, my plan with Verizon is unlimited,  During the lock down they still send me some extra data, which ah did not need, but I guess it was sent to all their customers.

#3 Jun 03, 2020 2:49 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Because ah hate whatcrapp, ah delete most of everything that's on it almost immediately.  Ah keep about five.  One as soon as the conversation ends, it is gone. I have ah secret folder on my phone, I can move pics and important stuff to that folder. BTW, Expat, my plan with Verizon is unlimited,  During the lock down they still send me some extra data, which ah did not need, but I guess it was sent to all their customers.

If its an iPhone you can automatically save pictures and videos  from Posts to your photo album. No need for a desperate filing system. Then delete them at your leasure from there.

#4 Jun 04, 2020 10:59 am

gripe
Active

Expat and Slice, I've got WhatsApp on board but it is not my favorite. I am often many days late responding to texts sent to me there. Signal is also on board with me but I also don't use it much although not for the same reason as my limited use of WhatsApp. With Signal, unfortunately, about 98% of my contacts do not use Signal. They may not be aware of its relatively more secure features compared to other popular text messaging options.

Last edited by gripe (Jun 04, 2020 11:07 am)

#5 Jun 04, 2020 12:51 pm

Slice
Active

Expat wrote:
Slice wrote:

If its an iPhone you can automatically save pictures and videos  from Posts to your photo album. No need for a desperate filing system. Then delete them at your leasure from there.

Never in my life own ah iPhone, ah doh like them. I am ah Samsung Note guy.  I like the feature, that you can write.  Great for groceries and other notes, when you on the run, or no paper close by.

But you see me Security requires another form of ID, to get into it.  It is just what the doctor ordered for me.  I can let folks use me phone and not worry about them seeing what is on me phone.  Some folks nosey too bad.

#6 Jun 04, 2020 12:53 pm

Slice
Active

gripe wrote:

Expat and Slice, I've got WhatsApp on board but it is not my favorite. I am often many days late responding to texts sent to me there. Signal is also on board with me but I also don't use it much although not for the same reason as my limited use of WhatsApp. With Signal, unfortunately, about 98% of my contacts do not use Signal. They may not be aware of its relatively more secure features compared to other popular text messaging options.

I only use whatcrapp, for long distance.  You see gripe, folks in Grenada, never ever have data or minutes on their phone, so whatcrapp is perfect for them, not me.  I use all Verizon services.

Board footer