You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 05, 2020 12:03 am

Expat
Active

Maybe caution is best

I have no idea of the causes, but it seems getting a new case after around a month of no new cases is what's happening in the Caribbean, St Lucia, T&T, and if I remember correctly Dominica as well. So maybe my railing at the seemingly overdone caution is a mistake.
If the cases were recovered where do the new cases pop up from.
Could masks and distancing, be a life sentence?

#2 Jun 05, 2020 8:11 am

Slice
Active

Re: Maybe caution is best

PADNAH, if you tink for one second, that folks are not getting into those island, ah think you making ah sad mistake, and ah doh think you are taking into consideration, more than 40% of folks do not show any signs of the virus. Is the government testing the population randomly?

As they say testing, testing, testing. On average here in Maryland, more than 5,000 New cases are discovered daily.  Everything else is going down, but the positive numbers are going up.  That is why ah tink we should go for another month on total lock down, before opening.

#3 Jun 05, 2020 8:36 am

Real Distwalker
Active

They just tested all 5,000 employees at a meat packing plant.  291 were positive.  218 of those had no symptoms whatsoever.

How many asymptomatic positives are there on Grenada?

#4 Jun 05, 2020 8:52 am

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

They just tested all 5,000 employees at a meat packing plant.  291 were positive.  218 of those had no symptoms whatsoever.

One.

Currently 4 active cases... 2 marked by the Global information site as serious, but to the best of my knowledge all parties are either in hospital or quarantines.... One of those is the Bajan import from the cruise ship.

Last edited by Expat (Jun 05, 2020 8:55 am)

#5 Jun 05, 2020 9:00 am

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

PADNAH, if you tink for one second, that folks are not getting into those island, ah think you making ah sad mistake, and ah doh think you are taking into consideration, more than 40% of folks do not show any signs of the virus. Is the government testing the population randomly?

As they say testing, testing, testing. On average here in Maryland, more than 5,000 New cases are discovered daily.  Everything else is going down, but the positive numbers are going up.  That is why ah tink we should go for another month on total lock down, before opening.

I think finally countries are wising up, and insisting on masks. At last Britain is insisting on mask wearing on public transport. Lord they are slow to come to the table.

#6 Jun 05, 2020 9:36 am

Slice
Active

Expat wrote:
Real Distwalker wrote:

One.

Currently 4 active cases... 2 marked by the Global information site as serious, but to the best of my knowledge all parties are either in hospital or quarantines.... One of those is the Bajan import from the cruise ship.

Expat did you say one?  No one knows that answer.  For Grenada  to know the answer all 109,000 have to be tested, and still they would not know, because you can be tested today and have ah negative result and tomorrow you can be positive.

#7 Jun 05, 2020 9:53 am

Expat
Active

While there can be hidden cases, accepted.

WE have not been like Bunker country. From day one we have tested AND contact tested. Plus logical extended testing.

Our cases came from America/Canada, and the UK. and were identified quick sharp. Then quarantined, and the number increases were within the households who were all in quarantine.

The only other cases were in the Flour plant, and those again were contact traced, and all employees quarantined. Just as that was supposedly over a child from that household showed up positive and was the asymptomatic case I quoted. And then last but not least the Bajan cruise ship import.

So although it is not foolproof we are in a far better position to say that there are not community spread cases than you crazy people in foreign.

As to the other Islands, we have no idea how those cases occurred, so we can't judge if it was within the island, imported by smugglers or what.

Last edited by Expat (Jun 05, 2020 9:55 am)

#8 Jun 05, 2020 10:22 am

Slice
Active

I know for sure one of the folks from the flour factory went to Ariza.  He was not wearing a mask and so was the person who attended to him How do we know for sure, he did not give it to folks in Ariza and the employee at Ariza, did not spread it to others in that building?  We just doh know.  Once Ariza realize that person was from the Flour factory, they immediately pulled them up and ask them to sanitize, but it could of been too late.

This thing is crazy.  I take all necessary precautions, but mistakes can still be made.

#9 Jun 05, 2020 11:24 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Well, there are currently four hospitalized in my county among hospitals with more than 2,000 beds.  There are no active cases in my township.  I am not silly enough to believe that there is nobody who is infected but without symptoms.

I'd bet good money there are infected people without symptoms in Grenada.

#10 Jun 05, 2020 11:27 am

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

I know for sure one of the folks from the flour factory went to Ariza.  He was not wearing a mask and so was the person who attended to him How do we know for sure, he did not give it to folks in Ariza and the employee at Ariza, did not spread it to others in that building?  We just doh know.  Once Ariza realize that person was from the Flour factory, they immediately pulled them up and ask them to sanitize, but it could of been too late.

This thing is crazy.  I take all necessary precautions, but mistakes can still be made.

But it takes 0-4 days to become infected. After that you got it or you don't. And if you don't then you can't contaminate anyone.

You can be sure with OUR contact tracing they tested all people he came into contact with at that time. Assuming he stated where he went properly.

Even though it aint hard to get, it still isn't a you gonna catch it because you were walking in the same street kind of thing. Plus viral loads, you might get a touch, and as a result be one of those with light symptoms. Then again you could french kiss an old girlfriend and die.... either from the virus, or yer wife shooting you.... LoL.

There are a lot of unknowns out there, but lets not panic, as seems to have been said to me. Just use common sense. Including conforming to new Covid regulations even if they seem dumb, cos they go fine yu arse if you don't. Simples.

Last edited by Expat (Jun 05, 2020 11:29 am)

Board footer