You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 05, 2020 8:40 am

Slice
Active

SINCE THE KILLING, THEY ARE SEEING HUNDREDS OF CASES OF BRUTALITY

Everyone is calling for police reform, but none is coming up with solutions, that will totally reform the police department. Polices are ah brotherhood, and once the head of any police department is someone  from the ranks of the force, there will be no meaning changes.

All big police department and also medium, should have someone from the outside, and that person, should get to pick, his two or three vice presidents and also his police reform board.

I bet if this simple change is taken, everyone on their mother will see major changes in policing.

It is so hard to reform the folks you spend all your life with.  The chief from within will always be loyal to his Foot soldiers.

Everyone is just focusing on just the Floyd killing.  It is so much more than that.

Need I remind folks, there was ah Gun trace Task force in Baltimore, everyone of the folks in that task force was convicted and send to jail.  They planted evidence, they killed folks, and as ah result they are in the process of freeing hundreds of folks who were convicted by that Gun task force.  One office was about to testify against them,  the day before he was going to testify he killed himself.  He killed himself rather than testifying against his Brethren.

Ah just hope folks in authority look at the bigger picture.

#2 Jun 05, 2020 9:44 am

Expat
Active

Re: SINCE THE KILLING, THEY ARE SEEING HUNDREDS OF CASES OF BRUTALITY

Over-handedness is a frequent feature of policing.

Sundry videos of police over reaction during the protest, including a 72 year old man pushed back hard enough to trip and fall back and bang his head with blood coming out of his ear.

#3 Jun 05, 2020 10:30 am

Slice
Active

I always get in trouble with police for traffic violations. Other members of my family has been arrested and treated very badly.  My point is every FRIGGING police is the same. I have never been treated badly by white COPs. I am not buying the race thing, they are all wicked.  Well not all.  The Floyd case is the exception, that was ah, doh really know how to describe that.  It is easy to say race, but that case goes far, far beyond racism.  It looks personal, on top of racism.  It looks like this guy is the grand Wizard of the KKK, and also Floyd screw he wife.

This case is so damn hard to explain.  How on earth, can anyone treat another human like ah piece ah SHITE?

Last edited by Slice (Jun 05, 2020 10:32 am)

#4 Jun 05, 2020 11:38 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Humans are cruel animals.

#5 Jun 05, 2020 12:16 pm

Expat
Active

Can be, especially in times of War etc. but generally those with the bully boy mentality gravitate towards the jobs where they can exercise the power they crave. Even down to the little sheites with security caps on.

I may be wrong, but I believe their is a training strategy that I think even the British police are adopting of late where you use shock and awe verbally to get people to comply. You shout loudly in almost any situation, other than answering how to get to 42nd street.

I believe this is a fundamental error, as it instantly makes you feel you are being bullied, which is likely to bring out an antagonising response. At some point elevating to shouting may be necessary, but not from the get go, and I am pretty sure that is now part of their training.

#6 Jun 05, 2020 12:31 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

There are cultural issues too.  I have noticed that when I talk to a police officer in Grenada they don't look at me.  They talk but they tend to be looking off in the distance at a 45 degree angle.  In my world that seems insulting, dismissive and arrogant.  It kind of pisses me off.  I am told, however, that it isn't any of those things and that it is common there so I got over it.

#7 Jun 05, 2020 1:35 pm

Expat
Active

Harder to get over being bellowed at.

#8 Jun 06, 2020 12:17 pm

Slice
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

There are cultural issues too.  I have noticed that when I talk to a police officer in Grenada they don't look at me.  They talk but they tend to be looking off in the distance at a 45 degree angle.  In my world that seems insulting, dismissive and arrogant.  It kind of pisses me off.  I am told, however, that it isn't any of those things and that it is common there so I got over it.

I am not sure what that is. I am like dat also, I wont look you in the face, when we are speaking.  Up here it gets on folks nerve.  They claim I am not honest, because ah doh them in the face, but that is who I am.  Now because you posted that may be it is cultural.

Now they want the police to be defunded, ah doh know how that go work.

#9 Jun 06, 2020 3:35 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:
Real Distwalker wrote:

I am not sure what that is. I am like dat also, I wont look you in the face, when we are speaking.  Up here it gets on folks nerve.  They claim I am not honest, because ah doh them in the face, but that is who I am.  Now because you posted that may be it is cultural.

Now they want the police to be defunded, ah doh know how that go work.

Can I really piss you off Slice. I think it is definitely cultural. Born of a slave culture where you wouldn't be so arrogant as to face up to the master. Lot's of little things indicate a troubled past.

Food for instance. Much of the food that is wanted even sought after in Grenada, and other Islands too but maybe with differing specialties are dished derived from the lowest left overs. It's crazy, Chicken Wings are the most expensive piece of the chicken, followed by drum sticks. I am pretty sure I have never seen back and neck in a supermarket in the UK...

All the stuff you will crave, fish head, mannish waters, Yeuck. Fish broth... Lordy, you have the broth, I'll have the fish.

I grew up in what at times was a poor household, and I remember a couple of gross dishes when I was a kid, but you know, we evolved.

Roast Chicken, Roast Beef, Pork chops, Leg of Lamb, TBone Steak, nearly all real juicy cuts of meat, not the scraps. Its cultural, it's mindset. Lets not forget Beans on toast, Chilli Con Carni, Spag Bol, Shepherds pie, Cottage pie,  Full English Breakfast, designed to give you a heart attack, but an enjoyable way to go... smile

Yet here, time after time, same old same old, Oil Down, at every twist and turn, Macaroni pie, Stewed Beef.... Not how I grew up with stewed beef, Souse, and a few other almost at every public meal things.  Like there is no imagination, always the same, same same.

#10 Jun 07, 2020 10:46 am

Slice
Active

I think it is, because that is what is cheap, with the exception of chicken wings of course. I use back in Oil down. I do not  eat Fish  head. Ah doh even like fish with bone.  I hate Snapper and Grouper, too much damn bone.  My brother in Grenada, go around selling fish.  I told him, if he wants to sell me fish, bring me Tuna and Sword fish.  He basically told me that is not fish.  He suggested Tur,  I fought and fought and finally ah break down, and really it was not bad.

Ah doh even buy jacks.  If it is big and someone clean it and season well ah might eat ah chest or breast. I do not eat Breafruit.  I hate the damn thing.  I will make an Oil down, but wont eat the breadfruit. Ah doh mind ah Fish broth, but make with real fish.  Sardines and all dat stuff ah grew up on wont eat it today, well ah might eat ah sardines or two only if it is boneless and Skinless.

Ah do love chicken wings.  Yes just as expensive as breast up here.

Grenada is ah poor country, you must take that into consideration.  They work for nothing, but wanna shop in RV, ah doh really get it.

I like Satfish, but it is ah special brand.  One pound of that brand is $10.99 up here.

Whman did make ah fry Saltfish while in Grenada, and it was good.

No you ent making me mad, I agree with you, but you must understand their financial situation.

Breadfruit is gold in Grenada.

Did you just put all Grenadian in the same basket?

Last edited by Slice (Jun 07, 2020 10:51 am)

Board footer