You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 08, 2020 4:09 pm

Expat
Active

Covid messin us up man.

We still getting squirted every time you enter a shop, you still keeping 6ft, all a that.

Although I see a new fashion developing. Facemasks wrapped around the chin not over the nose.

Two employees in ACE not wearing masks at all today. Yet we have to be squirted take of caps and masks to be seen by the cameras. Two of the girls on checkout with the mask around the chin fashion... which I challenged.... "Oh its for comfort as we are wearing it all day, and it's make the customers feel comfortable... I said.... It's not making me comfortable, because you are not wearing it propperly..... Carries on as if I had said nothing.

I used to wear proper gas masks for extended periods during working hours because of air pollution... Take it off and corrosive welding gases would eat your lungs.... How did I manage? it's not as if they were comfortable.... Not even a nice cooled air conditioned air supply, but they in the store aren't comfortable.

Latest... for me at least.... Now you have to hand back a minimum of 5 crates, and buy a minimum of 5 crates at the brewery because of Covid..... that we don't have....at the moment at least.

#2 Jun 08, 2020 4:20 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Covid messin us up man.

I hate wearing these damn masks, and rip it off the second I get into real air. I find it hard to breathe and my moustache ends up halfway up me nose-holes lol!!

#3 Jun 08, 2020 4:49 pm

Expat
Active

I hate em too, but if there is a rule, an emergency law, what ever, comply until they finally get a grip and in our case free us up.

It's like dealing with the police, better to fight em in court than on the pavement. Even though they are wrong, it only makes things worse to argue.

You lot still rotten with it, so there's a reason to keep them on.

#4 Jun 08, 2020 5:05 pm

Slice
Active

Never like dem, but ah wearing dem.  At this point, ah doh care, if ah have to wear it 24hrs ah wearing the damn thing.  Only problem is me Sunshades gets foggy.  New Zealand is totally free of COVID.  concerts and everything else is back to normal.  Ah wonder how long it will last.

Anyone who enters that place must do ah 14 day in Hell hole.  This is what Expat wants ah 14 day quarantine, for every sole who enters Grenada.

Expat it is either you very friendly or you doh care.  You tink ah entering any place and ask folks why they not wearing ah mask?  Not in Grenada and defiantly not in America.

You PADNAH are ah true Spiceman.

#5 Jun 09, 2020 4:35 pm

Expat
Active

Not just me, Government in Grenada, and with just one or two exceptions Britain too.

Thats me quarrel with GMent here, it is not in the community as far as we know, even the Bajan import is listed as clear what the hell are we walking around like surgeons for. The moment there is a hint of a case, OK, time to return to you cautionary measures in an instant, but we are still carying on like it is hiding in the bushes. All the cases were imported as far as I can tell, and then passed on in the affected households, but no escape into the local community. Even the Flour Mill fiasco was probably an import from a grain vessel, and then passed within the family. Although the staff were isolated, it did not run round into the general population.

So why are we under curfew, at all. It's gone from being very sensible to very silly.

#6 Jun 10, 2020 8:06 am

Slice
Active

Now ah doh about the Bajan, but the guys that came in on that vessel are all home now. Ah feel so sorry for me PADNAH.  The man spend more than two months in Miami, on his way home, only to be in the hole again once in Grenada for more than two weeks.  He is one happy camper to be in he own house.

Now they are saying folks that are asymptomatic cant spread the virus.  Ah doh know what is true and what is not.  I clearly think they ent know ah damn thing.

#7 Jun 10, 2020 10:29 am

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Now ah doh about the Bajan, but the guys that came in on that vessel are all home now. Ah feel so sorry for me PADNAH.  The man spend more than two months in Miami, on his way home, only to be in the hole again once in Grenada for more than two weeks.  He is one happy camper to be in he own house.

Now they are saying folks that are asymptomatic cant spread the virus.  Ah doh know what is true and what is not.  I clearly think they ent know ah damn thing.

The key thing they should realise by now is so long as you wear a mask, keep sensible distances, do not go on rally's, wash your hands etc you have no need for all these restrictions in a place where there are absolutely no cases. Not only that, but until there is a new case it should be understood we are right back where we were BEFORE Covid, we don't have it.  FFS lets just go about our business like normal.... not the new normal, but the old one, until there is a new event. Which shouldn't happen as long as you foreigners get locked up when you come ready and willing to pollute our lovely Island.

I am developing my own theory about the contagious element. I think they went overboard with their pre symptom diagnosis in the first place.

They have this research which says that people aren't transmitters after the 11th day of having symptoms. I have a sneaky feeling people are not contagious before symptoms too.  It's bloody hard to decide who is pre symptom, and who is asymptomatic, and then even those that have it mildly, maybe half of them don't even know.

In an area like Europe, and America where it is still prevalent, do due diligence, and wear masks etc. But here... for the moment at least  Nah.

There are those that say it is hardly any worse than regular flue, and we should have just ridden it out, I don't subscribe to that. 20/20 is wonderful, but I think strict Mask wearing etc, and the case load would have been so small it would not have exceeded the normal mortality rates. Life should have continued as normal, with the exception of masks. Even social distancing could have been advisable, but not compulsory. Economies would not be in the crapper, and peoples lives would not have been on hold.

This could be an example about how electronic media, and social media can create a frenzy that ends up like a lynching party where the wrong guy was found guilty.

Last edited by Expat (Jun 10, 2020 10:32 am)

#8 Jun 10, 2020 11:15 am

Slice
Active

CDC was very reluctant to ask folks to wear mask.  The mask was the last thing they recommended.  If they had asked folks to wear mask very early, it could of been better.

You can now lime till 9pm, what else you want? Beach you now have till 5pm. Take that and KEWL it nah man.  Ah wearing every time ah out in public, Grenada or America.

Board footer