You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 19, 2020 2:39 am

YB
Active

Repatriation to Grenada

This message is to Expat. I am in the UK. I have been since February l was due to return in March but COVID-19 put and end to that. Although l was upset at not being able to return l understood why. I don't know if he is joking when he says that people like myself should not be allowed back into Grenada, for he himself could have been in this position that l find myself in. I know that opening the border poses a risk. My home is in Grenada  l live there so why should l be locked out. When does he suggest that I should be allowed to return, for  COVID-19 is not going away any time soon. The way I see this virus if 1 person on this planet has it we all have it for it only takes 1 person to spread it.

#2 Jun 21, 2020 9:09 am

Webmaster
Administrator

Re: Repatriation to Grenada

YB you have been upgraded to full membership in this forum and can post freely.

Webby

#3 Jun 21, 2020 9:52 am

Expat
Active

Fear not YB, as a newbie you do not understand the dynamics of the board.

There is a back and forth between certain members which may seem possibly even aggressive to the outsider, which in most cases is only play.

While I am not going to deny a support for some of our governments intended restrictions to initially returnees, and then eventually tourists. I would only in reality support them to the point that new arrivals should be quarantined strictly if they were not tested shortly before returning, or a slightly less strict procedure if they did get a pre travel test.

I do not in all seriousness, or conscience really want to stop people from coming home.

I do however think that even the PCR test is flawed, and whilst the gold standard has an accuracy of something like 48% which is pretty abysmal, also it is quite possible as has been shown by some laboratory tests in places like Singapore and Germany to name but 2, that people can after 11 days of symptoms still test positive, but not be contagious.

It is an immensely complicated, subject with lots still to learn, and possibly after about 2 years it will naturally fade away as with Sars and Mers. If we only stop venting people except in the very worst cases, which actually caused cytocane storms, more people might be surviving.

So short answer. Come back as soon as you are able, and WELCOME TO THE BOARD. Please expand our active contributors list. We have slumped into a board with mostly peepers.

#4 Jun 21, 2020 10:37 am

Slice
Active

YB wrote:

This message is to Expat. I am in the UK. I have been since February l was due to return in March but COVID-19 put and end to that. Although l was upset at not being able to return l understood why. I don't know if he is joking when he says that people like myself should not be allowed back into Grenada, for he himself could have been in this position that l find myself in. I know that opening the border poses a risk. My home is in Grenada  l live there so why should l be locked out. When does he suggest that I should be allowed to return, for  COVID-19 is not going away any time soon. The way I see this virus if 1 person on this planet has it we all have it for it only takes 1 person to spread it.

Congrats YB, you are now ah member of a very select individuals.  Hope you enjoy the friends here.

#5 Jun 21, 2020 10:44 am

Slice
Active

YB wrote:

YB ah was waiting with bated breath for his answer.  Listen he recently sent me ah video of pristine Grand Anse beach.  Caption we doh want allyu them JCBs in our land.

I know Expat, most of his comments are directed towards me, and he ent mean MOST of what he post on TS.  He loves playing, but here is what is truth,  He is seriously in love with Grenada and will protect her with every breath in his body, but trust me, he is only having fun at my expense.

I think you kinda shock him, with your comments and questions.

#6 Jun 21, 2020 10:55 am

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:
YB wrote:

YB ah was waiting with bated breath for his answer.  Listen he recently sent me ah video of pristine Grand Anse beach.  Caption we doh want allyu them JCBs in our land.

I know Expat, most of his comments are directed towards me, and he ent mean MOST of what he post on TS.  He loves playing, but here is what is truth,  He is seriously in love with Grenada and will protect her with every breath in his body, but trust me, he is only having fun at my expense.

I think you kinda shock him, with your comments and questions.

I am trusting that was a typo, or a slip, as that was BBC Beach. I guess as we all get older we are entitled to make the odd mistake... smile

#7 Jun 21, 2020 11:10 am

Slice
Active

OHHO it was BBC, how the hell ah was suppose to know dat?  I ent see nothing saying BBC.  Now that you said that, I am more convince that BBC is ah much nicer beach than Grand Anse.

#8 Jun 21, 2020 11:20 am

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

OHHO it was BBC, how the hell ah was suppose to know dat?  I ent see nothing saying BBC.  Now that you said that, I am more convince that BBC is ah much nicer beach than Grand Anse.

You are absolutely correct. It is our beach of choice. The water hardly every gets to be more than a gentle rise and lower of the water and there is a lot of safe water level areas right off the beach to simply float and paddle around without getting out of your depth. Now the tourists and JCB's are out of the way as you can see it is a lovely place to be. smile

#9 Jun 21, 2020 6:12 pm

houston
Active

YB, you will find here some pretty interesting conversation. I've learned a lot from the respect each poster has for one another. There are some very good people here from all walks of life.
We have Grenadian homies, expats, historians, an Iowan all with different perspectives on the well traveled world.
The board goes quiet at times but you can easily get hooked with the intelligent conversation. I've learned a great deal over the years by remaining loyal to this talkshop.

#10 Jun 21, 2020 6:36 pm

houston
Active

Sorry, forgot to mention...hope that you are able to get back home to Grenada very soon.

Board footer