You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 28, 2020 9:24 am

Slice
Active

HERE IS WHERE AH HONESTLY GET CONFUSED WITH THIS RACE THING.

Not very long ago, me and me cousin in Brooklyn was having ah discussion, and he said to me, Slice these white folks too damn wicked, ah hate all ah dem.
  Ah was taken aback and did not know how to respond.  I had to think about what he said.  The next day ah call him back and ah say but cous, how on Earth you can make such ah statement?

That cousin ah mind he father is as white ah milk.  He just laugh, when ah reminded him , he father is ah White man.

My question is, especially Caribbean folks why are so much of us ignoring the White part of our family?

It is very possible for some of us, we were the slave owners.  Ah tink we are all afraid to confront  truth.

Me very educated tanty in Grenada, totally refuses to discuss this with me.  She just say why dont we just talk about something else.

She also have learned, that it is very possible, that her Great, great grand parents were indeed, slave owners.

Ah wonder if one day some of us learn, that our  white Fore parents, left us some wealth, if we go embrace them?

Board footer