You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Jul 03, 2020 10:47 pm

Expat
Active

Re: These masks are super bad

Nah, instead of burying my head in the sand and hoping no one slips me a length, I have taken on board much of the information that is out there that is from reputable mainstream medical sources that gets buried and distorted by financially connected parties like Big Pharma, and  the mainstream media, which as we know thrives on pharma adds. Sure some "alternatives" over state the case, and maybe do a little distorting, both sides do that. I would even agree that some in the weird internet thingy are crackpots.

Maybe you don't remember the lies and obfuscation that came out of the big tobacco companies. Do you really think that with billions to rake in Multinational Chemical companies are playing a straight hand? Do the oil companies. You are either incredibly naive, or incredibly stupid, or maybe complicit?  Or what's your stance. I was only following orders yer honour.

While you suck on the big titty of big pharma like Glaxo and Smith Kline as you and yours poison your nations people with their progressively exposed poisons. Was it Monsanto that just had to fork out 10 BILLION. I guess the judge just had a bad day and took it on those poor innocent souls. Yeah right.

There are none so blind as those that will not see, and it is pretty difficult to see when your head is in the sand.

#12 Jul 04, 2020 12:37 am

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Or maybe you have just become a fearful old hypochondriac in your dotage.

No, what happens is that life reaches out to you and smacks you round the head, and says buddy you are going to die (quicker than expected) if you don't take action.

So you could lay down and leave it to those that have you as a statistic, or if you are me, and others like me you do endless research from all strands of medicine, and it's "natural variants". Then you make educated decisions. Very often if you actually like yourself you will make informed decisions better than those promulgated by those signed up to big pharma. Then you find you are still alive and in a position to be insulted many years after your previous likely demise.

Then you have a seriously chronically ill wife who is sliding down the road to death very rapidly due to an illness that the doctors can only throw toxic and mostly ineffective expensive medicines at. So again you research the subject for hours upon hours collating how many potential treatments there might be, and balancing side effects against efficacy. Once that wife is in a state of delirium through not eating or drinking, and actively refusing both food and water she is carted off to SGU and drip fed units of saline fortified with vitamins and stuff. She actually has no memory of the month prior to her induced recovery which was enough to kick her back to be slightly responsive. I then embark on a course of treatment I devised, and assisted by a help group with some useful ideas on diet. Then with no arrogance, I state MY combination of non medicinal pills, herbs, and supplements slowly, I think I can almost say, cured her completely of all symptoms related to that illness. Maybe she still has the condition which had her in endless agony, only a CT scan or internal camera would prove that it was now fully cured. But with no relapses, when most people have crises every few weeks, no pain, and a much better quality of life. Maybe being aware of all the available methodologies rather than just swallowing the crap the doctors often provide makes being "aware" a good thing.

People die from many many conditions they don't need to, likewise take medicines that manage symptoms but don't actually cure the illness... There is no cash benefit in curing illnesses you can provide tablets for and have repeat paid doctor visits for 30 years.

Yes there is some great medicine out there, and certainly we have made leaps and bounds in diagnosis, but Doctors are trained on a conveyor belt, and remarkably many do not really understand the pathology of the human body.  In fact ALL of us have a lot to learn about it still. It is an amazingly complicated thing. Only recently they have discovered (if I am writing this correctly) that there is intercostal material that holds us together, and transmits information all around the body. Rather like dark matter in space it is only just started to being appreciated.

A hypochondriac spends all their time dreaming up new illnesses to suffer from. I am actually then reverse, as I have reduced the need for medicines to NIL, and have maintained a level of wellness quite remarkable for someone who has abused their body an brutally as I have done over the years. I have been in contact with so many carcinogens from early adulthood onwards it is gob smacking to me that I have not to date had lung cancer, stomach cancer, skin cancer, or even mesothelioma. I worked with asbestos, I used to have dirty engine oil over my hands and arms, I have almost bathed in cellulose paint thinners, I used to work in an environment where the gases were corrosive to your lungs, where one guy even passed out from toxic fume inhalation doing a job I had done many times myself. One incident where my car was being resprayed by a friend I had my girlfriends daughter with me, and decided obviously I could not let her inhale the spray....at the offset I didn't know quite how things were going to be done. So as a result she had my mask, and I had a cloth wrapped round my face. now this actually compares to the virus, because this slow drying paint not only coated my hair in jade green metallic, I also had great green streaks around my mouth and going up my nose which indicates how effective cloth masks might be.... it then took me several days to hack out the green paint from my lungs, and pick and blow the debris out of my nose.

So no, I am not a hypochondriac, I am a tough old bugger. (for the moment at least).

Last edited by Expat (Jul 04, 2020 12:51 am)

#13 Jul 04, 2020 11:23 am

gripe
Active

Expat and RD, good arguments, both. Our world's problems often lead us to wrangle with each other just a bit too much although, deep down, I believe we want the same thing: the best for each other. I sense it in both your comments, Expat and RD.

#14 Jul 04, 2020 2:31 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Masks keep your Covid infected spit, slobber, phlegm, snot and so forth off other people and the stuff other people touch. 

There were 50,000 new cases in the US yesterday.  If everyone wore one, and it was just 20% effective, that would have been 10,000 fewer yesterday... and today.... and tomorrow.

That's worth a little bit of faster breathing.

#15 Jul 05, 2020 10:28 am

Expat
Active

While I am not an antivaxxer, I am definitely a vaccine cautionary, as I firmly believe the methodology of the vaccine programs, many of the ingredients, and the method of administration of many of these vaccines are long term harmful. With no liability the companies can and do shovel any shit on us. None of these vaccines have had what normal people would consider full and genuine testing. Even proponents of the vaccine suggest we should have 20,000 inoculate cases against 10,000 placebo, with monitoring going forward.  But no. at least some of the commonly used vaccines if you read the script inside the packaging were tested for contraindications for not 3-5 months or years, but DAYS and on test groups of 150 and maybe as many as 500. It's actually printed in black and white inside the boxes. Trumps agenda is to get something out there.... anything... asap with little or no testing. Making you suckers lab rats.

Leading on from that mini rant, I am still amused by your 180, from a few weeks ago. That aside, and the reason I wrote about the vaccines is that masks can and do have some benefits in certain situations. But as I have tried to do, the public should be made aware of the deficit side of the process. Obviously they wont because if you are aware your oxygen levels go down and your CO2 levels rise to levels considered completely life threateningly unacceptable by US Government buildings inspectors, then many people would refuse to wear them. Again the numbers written by YOUR Government Departments are there in Black and White. It's not a protesters fabrication.

Already "I am free to do what I like" groups are pushing back. It is crowd managing.

I do as required by law here and wear the mask in places considered public. Despite the fact WE DONT HAVE IT HERE. I would definitely wear masks in all other covid infected countries in the World, because I still believe what I said in the first place that it does restrict transmission. Something you poo poo'd at the outset, hence my amusement.

But having visually seen the proof of the negative way the environment inside the mask is affected I sure as hell ain't wearing simple masks again.

Breathing harder is total bollocks. You despite your best efforts are not a stupid man. It is harder to suck air in through obstructive material, than to actually breath out where the air can more easily flow, so the harder you breath the higher the CO2 level gets. Which is probably why those two kids in China died during physical exercise wearing masks.

Dying from lack of oxygen is not a stressful way to go, you just lose cognitive ability.... you pass out, and..... you die. It's not like strangulation or drowning. By the time a teacher or fellow students reached those kids the lights would have gone out with no oxygen to the brain systems would have stopped resulting in the heart stopping,and unless CPR was started rapidly that was that. Even with CPR, people are less likely to revive if the brain is devoid of oxygen. In most cases people have died for what ever reason. but there is still oxygen in their blood. much less with the mask.

#16 Jul 05, 2020 12:31 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Expat wrote:

Breathing harder is total bollocks.

I laugh derisively at this jackassery!  When the human body detects it isn't getting enough oxygen it compensates.  If it didn't, our species would have gone extinct eons ago.  If you still can't get enough oxygen, you can go outside and take the damned mask off.

This notion that wearing a mask once in while is a problem for any but a small percentage of the population that has preexisting respiratory problems is hilarious superstition. I don't care what you believe but you shouldn't be spreading that crap to others.

#17 Jul 06, 2020 1:16 am

Expat
Active

Good job I don't live in the country where freedom of speech is sacrosanct then.... sounds like an attempt at censorship to me.

What imaginary world do you live in, where we suddenly develop gills to compensate. Cos that's the only alternative method of getting more air I can think of if you have an obstruction over your nose and mouth. You can't fricking compensate when you have a roll of duck tape over your nose and mouth either. We don't breath through our skins. Most people can't suck air up their arses.... Le petomaine could, but he didn't use the air for breathing. Nope, not via your ears, eye sockets, or even via yer woody. So it's yer nose and mouth, and if they are obstructed, air flow is reduced. Air flow in Oxygen and Nitrogen, airflow out mostly CO2 and Nitrogen..... not too much oxygen. Ergo when you breath your exhaust fumes into a non free flowing environment you have depreciated levels of Oxygen.

If you weren't trying to swat me down like a fly, a habit of yours with many people you disagree with, you would have already seen me say that even I would wear masks...... as little as feasible.... Which as far as I can see is exactly what you have been saying.

This does not however take away from experiments some of which I saw live on camera where a meter used for measuring gas levels in industrial situations was held inside a mask while someone was breathing normally gave outrageously poor levels of CO2 in a very short period of time. Instead of trying to minimise the topic, maybe you should look at more information other than that the CDC and WHO, as those fkers have been lying to you straight in your face. Even Fouci admitted it, and then he wonders why people don't trust what they say.

The latest reports of deaths I have seen are 3 potentially for children in high activity settings with masks on in China. OK, they say sudden death, but that's just a cover all. Babies sudden death kinda happens, but active kids... not so often.

Even on a personal level, I have been using a home made cloth mask for going out. It has become a bit slack, so I used a mask similar to an N95. It wasn't, so maybe N95's are free-er flowing, but driving as I was, I felt cognitive function was reduced with the N95 look alike. This observation was made BEFORE I saw the test footage.

So while you wander around with 2000 acres between you and the next citizen, and hardly any need to wear a mask, some of us HAVE to comply with what has become ludicrous situation, in a country with NO COVID. Get in a car with more than just you in it WEAR A MASK. Anywhere considered public WEAR A MASK. But no Covid.Sanitize your hands every time you go into a shop... leading you open to bacterial infections that normally abound, and are handled by your own natural flora. But NO COVID.... sheesh

I know there have been a couple of mentions of people that have become positive again... But FFS. We only had 23 cases in the first place, and none of those were really community spread in the true sense of the word. 1 of those went straight from the cruise ship to Quarantine and didn't even pass go. Any second now they will be jumping on compulsory vaccination. Talk about anally retentive. We have NO COVID why are 112,000 people acting as if we did.

The first sniff, and we could jump on the protect yourself bandwagon, but for now WE HAVE NO COVID, we can't infect each other if it is not on the Island.

Board footer