You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jul 07, 2020 9:36 am

Expat
Active

Latest Copvid regulations, check GIS.

Mostly freeing up, and lasts for a week, but as from 20th March you were supposed to wear a mask ALL THE TIME once you leave your property.... Sheeesh.

Also I note, despite what they were saying about quarantining in a government approved location the regulations talk about self quarantining. Maybe they have not kept up to date with amendments? or do not read their own rules?

#2 Jul 07, 2020 9:43 am

New Historian
Active

Re: Latest Copvid regulations, check GIS.

Did they say when they're opening the airport?

#3 Jul 07, 2020 9:59 am

Expat
Active

It's open already I believe.... But only for chartered flights as they can demand testing prior to departure, and process you infected buggers in a manageable way.

Went down By Grand Anse yesterday to Umbrella's and was told the Quarantine area is the old SGU building there. Saw some people playing on the grass behind the fencing.

Maybe you will be able to inter island soon if Bim holds down it's cases?

#4 Jul 07, 2020 10:12 am

New Historian
Active

"Maybe you will be able to inter island soon if Bim holds down it's cases?"

Here's hoping - and that there'll be an airline to bring us home!!!

#5 Jul 07, 2020 10:26 am

Expat
Active

A sailor like you should have no problem. A rubber dingy a sextant, and a couple of bottles of fresh water and yer good to go... smile

#6 Jul 07, 2020 11:04 am

Slice
Active

So yesterday I had a very interesting talk with the Ambassador to the UN.  She sounds like a very interesting Young lady. She said if ah was a Grenadian that are stuck abroad, I can go home soon, on one of those chartered flights. So I ask her about the July 1st opening and she said the news release said maybe.  She said, it could be December before International flights  resumed.

She pledge, that once flights are allowed to and from Grenada, she will let us know.  Now ah back on good graces with the embassy.  I will now start getting my invitations to up coming events.  Ah kinda like her, but ah forget she name.  I was about to start cursing her at the start of our conversation, then she say Mr Greenidge, you are talking to the ambassador.

I eat my words and started addressing  her Madam Ambassador.  She knows all me family in Grenada, so had to be real nice to her.

#7 Jul 08, 2020 6:47 pm

Expat
Active

Well,  I spoke to a client today, and they said they have a couple of friends who have arrived and are self quarantining, so now your only problem is finding a flight.

But, personally regardless of who is paying for people to be quarantined, I do not believe it should be home quarantine, unless it is a single person household, or all the parties arrived together, and quarantine together.

I do not trust people to abide by the rules if they feel well, and who is to know if you are a carrier until the test results come in.

THAT is why they have us all running around looking like boo boo bear with masks on, because they are going to make the many pay for the untrustworthiness of the few. Damn guys, you have gone from being over cautious and risk averse to careless. Under the old rules apart from medical contacts bringing the virus out there was basically no risk to the general public.... but now.... Cha.

#8 Jul 08, 2020 9:08 pm

houston
Active

Wearing a mask will prolong the inevitable and may take some strain off of the hospitals but eventually we all get this thing. Only then will life get back to normal.
Unfortunately those with complications will pay a heavy price.

#9 Jul 09, 2020 10:29 am

Expat
Active

houston wrote:

Wearing a mask will prolong the inevitable and may take some strain off of the hospitals but eventually we all get this thing. Only then will life get back to normal.
Unfortunately those with complications will pay a heavy price.

I didn't have you marked down as a pessimist.

There are countries where it is pretty much expected it will run amok, such as India, and as has already happened boarders can be closed.

Canada has pretty much handled it, and persistent caution will end it. America is a basket case. We should just close the doors and light the funeral pyres. Britain certainly mismanaged it, but America seems to be joyfully exploiting every opportunity to cull the population.

This thing could still end albeit much slower than it needed to if people were not so hard headed and selfish.

#10 Jul 09, 2020 6:13 pm

houston
Active

Expat, I don't enjoy being pessimistic but have to look at the facts and be realistic.
The financial numbers are astounding. The cost of protection can not continue at this rate. Good luck to Canadians during the next waves.
The economic forecast is looking really scary. Shops boarded up and unemployment at record highs. Bankruptcy and deficits the highest since WW11.
Sorry, that doesn't paint a pretty picture.

Board footer