You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Jul 13, 2020 10:22 am

New Historian
Active

Re: West Indies' VICTORY Against England: First Test

Calypso wrote:
New Historian wrote:

"WE, ALL THE PEOPLE IN CARICOM, SHOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS FIND-- NOT GUYANA ALONE!!"

Ha-ha-ha-haaa!! Hilarious, why the hell should Guyana share their windfall with the rest of us, what Caricom EVER did for Guyana? For decades Guyana was the ugly (poor) duckling of the Caribbean, and now they find oil you say they should share it. Dream on.

Because that is how the regions works--for the benefit of each other. i am surprised that a man of your background should have such shallow thinking.!!

It's called practical realistic thinking. Shallow thinking, my dear, is believing that Guyana "owes" the rest of the Caribbean anything, and the rest of the Caribbean "expecting" to share in Guyana's windfall. Did anyone share in Trinidad's oil windfall? Jamaica's bauxite windfall? For decades Guyana has been the outside child of the Caribbean, ridiculed and forgotten, and now they must share their good luck? Dream on you silly woman. Look at the figures below, Guyana has a lot of catching up to do, to raise up it's own people, before they start looking about yours!

GDP-per-Capita.jpg

#12 Jul 13, 2020 10:39 am

Calypso
Active

Re: West Indies' VICTORY Against England: First Test

New Historian wrote:
Calypso wrote:
New Historian wrote:

"WE, ALL THE PEOPLE IN CARICOM, SHOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS FIND-- NOT GUYANA ALONE!!"

Ha-ha-ha-haaa!! Hilarious, why the hell should Guyana share their windfall with the rest of us, what Caricom EVER did for Guyana? For decades Guyana was the ugly (poor) duckling of the Caribbean, and now they find oil you say they should share it. Dream on.

Because that is how the regions works--for the benefit of each other. i am surprised that a man of your background should have such shallow thinking.!!

It's called practical realistic thinking. Shallow thinking, my dear, is believing that Guyana "owes" the rest of the Caribbean anything, and the rest of the Caribbean "expecting" to share in Guyana's windfall. Did anyone share in Trinidad's oil windfall? Jamaica's bauxite windfall? For decades Guyana has been the outside child of the Caribbean, ridiculed and forgotten, and now they must share their good luck? Dream on you silly woman. Look at the figures below, Guyana has a lot of catching up to do, to raise up it's own people, before they start looking about yours!

https://i.postimg.cc/Z9T42pr7/GDP-per-Capita.jpg

Board footer