You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Jul 22, 2020 3:01 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Horror in Haiti

Slice wrote:
New Historian wrote:
Calypso wrote:

Is this all you saw in Haiti--the horror? Haiti is one of the most fascinating countries in Latin America. It began as a dictatorship and has continued its political path up to modern times. Haiti is very beautiful and very hilly. If it were developed, it would have been the prettiest country in the Caribbean region. America's occupation did not build the country during WWI and not the dictatorships of the Duvalier government.  I am sorry that it has not reached its potential. The people are charming and the men are the most beautiful in the hemisphere. Hotel Oloffson is immortalized by Graham Green in the book and movie, The Comedians, starring Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor. The hotel was a favorite of movie stars in the '60s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_MfBia4zWI

Funny how Calypso always rates a country by the beauty of its men! Poor thing, beautiful men must be in short supply in her life! smile

You ever been there? Yes I know all about Haiti's brave and sad past: skewered by France with the backing of Britain and USA, for daring to free itself from slavery. I know this from over a dozen visits over 25 years, and from reading CLR James' brilliant book The Black Jacobins. Not from a movie. God forgive me for saying something bad about Haiti without adding ten things good. Most of what's good about Haiti is in its past, good is in short supply nowadays.

When I was a student I went to an authentic Voudou ceremony in P-a-P, where me and three others were the only non-Haitians there, they told me to stop taking pictures but luckily I got off a few. I was there 3 years after the 2010 earthquake, and it was like it was 6 months ago. I've seen the beautiful, inspiring Le Marron Innconnu statue, outside the Presidential Palace, demolished post-earthquake.

Haiti is the poorest, saddest, most benighted country I've ever been to. And that's saying something. The fault can be squarely laid at three doors, in descending order:

France

USA

UK

https://i.postimg.cc/NKL2nLGW/Voudou.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/fV6ygKr9/PaP.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/G4B9QNqR/PaP2.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/BX7X2s5N/PaP3.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/RNZW3qtN/PaP4.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/94hV7NkJ/Marron-Inconnu.jpg

I do think Kaiso have ah man problem.  Sometime ago she said Italy.  Maybe she likes men that speaks French.  I know she dated ah Grenadian, but maybe she became Lord Kitchner.  From what ah heard Kitch dated ah Grenadian from Chantimelle,  She drop ah few horn in he backside, and after that he set out to destroy Grenada. Kaiso you know I am still available, when ah in Grenada.  Doh worry ah know way Expat and NH living, we staying far, far away from their areas.

So you worried she "never eat a white meat yet", and you might get butt.

#12 Jul 22, 2020 3:19 pm

Calypso
Active

Men let's keep the discussion sane and in line. Slice, i have no use for you at all-- except to cook my meals. Don't worry about me eating white meat. I am sure it will be fine white meat.

#13 Jul 22, 2020 4:45 pm

houston
Active

Always nice to hear the perspective of a lady.
Thank you for being one of the few females to dare comment on this talk shop.
Bold you are!

#14 Jul 23, 2020 12:45 pm

Slice
Active

Calypso wrote:

Men let's keep the discussion sane and in line. Slice, i have no use for you at all-- except to cook my meals. Don't worry about me eating white meat. I am sure it will be fine white meat.

I ent say ah word about White meat.  You know what Kaiso, ah still have use for you, but ah doh beg for it and ah doh curse and never insult ah woman. I will be here if and when you need me. 

Ah still think you ah nice person, but ah also believe you do have ah MAN problem.  There is another problem, you too DAMN ole for me.  I can get woman 30 and younger, wha the hell ah doing with you ole ARSE?

#15 Jul 23, 2020 1:51 pm

Calypso
Active

Slice wrote:
Calypso wrote:

I ent say ah word about White meat.  You know what Kaiso, ah still have use for you, but ah doh beg for it and ah doh curse and never insult ah woman. I will be here if and when you need me. 

Ah still think you ah nice person, but ah also believe you do have ah MAN problem.  There is another problem, you too DAMN ole for me.  I can get woman 30 and younger, wha the hell ah doing with you ole ARSE?

You can always get cheap young meat. I have no qualms about being middle age. My life is lived with great dignity and self-respect. In my world that is ALL that matters.

#16 Jul 23, 2020 4:06 pm

New Historian
Active

Slice wrote:
Calypso wrote:

But Slice yuh wicked bad yuh know? De lady happy in she old - I mean middle age, all she need is an occasional Mandingo Magic and she good to go. Six weeks with dem Kayak man and she'll be smiling 'til next Christmas!

#17 Jul 23, 2020 6:14 pm

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:
Slice wrote:
Calypso wrote:

But Slice yuh wicked bad yuh know? De lady happy in she old - I mean middle age, all she need is an occasional Mandingo Magic and she good to go. Six weeks with dem Kayak man and she'll be smiling 'til next Christmas!

I don't mind a trappin' young buck as long as he does not killed me!! (smile) Vile men.

#18 Jul 24, 2020 9:06 am

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:
Slice wrote:
Calypso wrote:

Boy me ent wasting me time on no Hard Yard fowl.  You mad or what.  Guess what?
Them classy young ones appreciate you so much more, than dem damn Hard fowl.

Now doh get me wrong, there are some real classy older women, who are willing to do anything to get some real Mandingo magic, but none ah dem are from the Caribbean.  Them older Caribbean woman up here, are always looking for ah handout.  Been there done dat.

In all my life dating in America, once ah gave ah American women $100.

#19 Jul 24, 2020 10:34 am

Expat
Active

How long ago was that, was that just for a blow job?  sounds  a bit skanky to me.

#20 Jul 24, 2020 11:10 am

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:

How long ago was that, was that just for a blow job?  sounds  a bit skanky to me.

Of course it was for a blow job. You didn't have to ask about that. I sometimes wonder how a decent woman could fall in love with such a womanizing jerk!

Board footer