You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jul 28, 2020 5:48 pm

Slice
Active

WHAT THE HELL IS HAPEN TO AMERICA?

A  number of Trinidians left Grenada sometime maybe about two weeks ago, heading for Trinidad.  In no time a test was done to find out if they had COVID, in less than a day, the results came back.

I took an instant COVID test eight days ago, today I finally know my results.  Are really living in the good old USA?

Today ah heard a White woman begging ah company to please give her a job.  She said if I do not have  a job soon, me and me five children, will be out on the street. I felt sorry for this lady.  It is the first time in me life ah felt sorry for  poor  American.  Could it be because of the children, I am feeling that way?

Then ah started asking myself, as ah immigrant, ah wonder how I would feel if the shoe was on the other foot? Now ah kinda understand how and why Some Americans feel that way about Immigrants.

Now ah also understand, why years ago Trinidians hated Grenadians.  To know that I am ah born Grenadian living in my country, and someone from another country is doing much better than me as ah Grenadian.

Ah just wonder if I am missing something. Is it because of the choices she made?  Ah doh know, ah just felt very sorry for her.

#2 Jul 29, 2020 10:36 am

gripe
Active

Re: WHAT THE HELL IS HAPEN TO AMERICA?

Slice, here is a short documentary on poverty/homelessness in the U.S.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHDkALRz5Rk

Board footer