You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jul 29, 2020 10:29 pm

Expat
Active

Freedom of speech alive and well in the USA

Strike that, Censorship Rules.

Del Bigtree of Highwire.com who provides uncomfortable researched presentations on a whole raft of current topics from Covid, through Glyphosate has been taken down by youtube and his facebook presence is restricted probably to be gone any minute now.

If only one perspective is available it is not informed choice, it is just another version of China,

Simple little things like letting us know via Bobby Kennedy Jnr that currently 70% of the polio cases in the World at the moment are either directly from the vaccination, or catching it from someone who had the vaccine. Loads of other snippets like that gone.

#2 Jul 29, 2020 10:38 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Freedom of speech alive and well in the USA

Freedom of speech in the US has nothing to do with private businesses.  You have zero right to have YouTube host your speech.  You can't make radio stations air your grievances.  You can't make a publisher print you.  You can't force a newspaper to print your manifesto.

Freedom of speech means the government can't suppress your speech.  It doesn't mean a private entity like Google/YouTube must air your crackpot quackery.

#3 Jul 30, 2020 12:25 am

Expat
Active

I am sure much of what you are saying about business entities having mastery of their own outlets is true.

What however is a shame is that apart from delving into your usual disdainful asides, you have little to no knowledge of what you are pouring scorn on.

I was until life slapped me round the face a fully paid up member of the doctor knows what he's talking about brigade such as you seem to still belong to. I would repeatedly tell the wife, "take the expensive medicine" for a year while she got no better, and actually got worse. While she said it's not helping. look at the marks coming up on my skin, I feel just as bad. Likewise I did what I was told, when I was first diagnosed with CKD. Only years later when I started "alternative" research did I find better healthier ways to manage my condition, and hers.

She is pain free and symptom free with respect to that major illness, I go to the Doctors and my condition is stable. Most people slide down the mortality road much quicker than I am doing. I am at risk now simply because of that food poisoning, it hammered my right kidney very hard. The Doc wants me on an antibiotic, and despite my aversion, knowing it could send me into shock and other nasty stuff I was prepared to take it. Until I read the "Important Warnings" that applied to the product. It is a risk to try other methods of clearing the bacteria, but the pharma antibiotic has to be my last choice not my first I know all medicines come with a small risk of this and maybe some might get that, but the sever warning list for that product, which included death from Aorta damage, permanent peripheral nerve damage, busted tendons weeks after taking the medicine, potential suicide attempts etc etc.

Thinking that our previous health Guru had lost the plot. Just as would appear you think the same of me.

Sure there are crackpots out there. Unfortunately some of them who recognise reality in one area also have some really weird ideas in others, which makes the good point of view devalued in some peoples eyes. As was the case with the Loon that Trump reposted a video about.

However to take the Ostrich approach as you have done before limits your horizons.

I trust that what ever else you may think of me, you do not think I am stupid. I may not think  I am the sharpest tool in the box by a long way, but stupid I am not... In my humble opinion.

I have watched myriad pieces of information from loads of sources, and maybe one or two have been massaged, but generally they come from either your own Governments records, University papers, world renowned doctors, lawyers etc. ultimately leading me to be convinced that the info and the logic was actually sound. Believe me, I am a sceptic, I don't just suck things up like a sponge.

But if you don't look outside the mainstream you will surely be condemned to a deliberate ignorance,

I have watched the initial ravings and said this is so far out there, do they really want us to believe this, only to slowly but surely say yeah, I see where you are coming from after all.

An ostrich never sees the kick in the arse coming.

#4 Jul 30, 2020 9:36 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I apologize for saying "your crackpot quackery."  That was a terrible choice of words.  By "your" I didn't mean you.  I meant that as the general your. 

As in, "you can go to the New York Times and ask them to print your theories about Jesus being an alien from Jupiter, but they don't have to print your crackpot quackery."

I know nothing of the specific nature of what you were talking about.

#5 Jul 30, 2020 7:13 pm

Expat
Active

Accepted, with no probs.

But the handle quackery more aptly belongs to many of the Doctors, even today, although obviously they would feel it is the healthnicks that are the quacks.

My reason for starting that thread was simply that, "you" generic, do not know much about he alternative information which is out there, as Big Pharma power has had the upper hand with media, and funded Universities etc towing the pharma party line.
Unfortunately NOW it is even less likely you could get to see sensible carefully researched alternative views.

The none threatening loony tunes ones will probably be the only ones left standing so that the skeptic can say ... see I told you it was all nonsense.

I understand all the Big Pharma labeling creates a rolling of eyes, I used to do it myself. But they really are an insidious poison.

Even one of their top legal supporters had a public debate with R Kennedy Junior, and used all the standard push back lines, and they had a solid respectful debate, but at or near the end when the Lawyer.... can't quote name of the top of my head said they were honest moral companies who had their reputations to protect Kennedy pushed back along the lines of so were many of the other companies that have gone to the wall because of being sued, but of course the Vaccine companies have absolutely NO need to worry as they CANNOT be held liable, and they have done this and that etc, which the other Lawyer kinda looked a bit dumbfounded, and then said I see your point.
To give you a flavour of how scared these people are of open honest debate, Kennedy was challenged to a debate initially with one opponent, then two, and it was finally five. Each person was to be allowed 8 minutes, so the Pharma side had forty minutes, and Kennedy eight. No one on the Pharma side showed up.
I would like to provide you with links to topics that you could or would run with that have been realistically researched, and honestly reviewed, but call it censorship, or private companies ability to broadcast what they like, regardless, much of the heavyweight info has been canned. So chances are I can't.

Board footer