You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Aug 13, 2020 1:43 am

Calypso
Active

WHO IS HAVING A GOOD TIME IN THIS SHITTY COVID-19 SCARE?

Not me. What can we do? Can't go to the beach, etc, etc, Only boom.

#2 Aug 13, 2020 12:00 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: WHO IS HAVING A GOOD TIME IN THIS SHITTY COVID-19 SCARE?

Who says you can't go to the beach? Mind you don't you live in England? Wouldn't want to anyway lol! Hey we're a pretty resilient species, we seemed to have survived endless wars, famines and plagues in the past, we can get through this one. Compared to Spanish Flu, this one's a walk in the park. We shall survive, this too shall pass.

What NEEDS to happen though, when it's all over, is a fundamental rethink of our priorities. Has the endless pursuit of wealth, despite the consequences, really helped humankind?

#3 Aug 13, 2020 12:55 pm

Slice
Active

Beach me ARSE.  If ah spend two months in Grenada, and ah go the beach once, that is ah whole bunch.  Before going to beach ah much rather lime on Expat verandah and listen to his stories.  Watch his chickens lay and mongoose chase the chicken around his yard.  Doh get me wrong, I will go to all  the beach limes, but me doh care to bath.  Could lime by Umbrellas all day, and not wet me foot, not even once.

Yes everything is different now, but you know, ah kinda getting use to it.  Me PADNAH is stuck in St Lucia for about four months, and he ent worried.  Good thing he is in his second home.  All he have to worry about is food.  If he good, ah good too.

Covid will be gone in about ah year and all will be back to normal.

I am missing Grenada, but not the beaches. 

Ah mean if you listen to them tourist talk when on the beaches, you will surely think they have found Paradise, but Grenada means much, much more  to me than her beaches.

#4 Aug 13, 2020 8:01 pm

Expat
Active

Just got off the beach a couple of hours ago, but I was tired, so I helped wifey get into the water, and then went to sleep in the shade for a couple of hours... and then when they were ready to come out I helped her out.  I got wet just over my knee's.

But in truth having found BBC, much better than Grand Anse, I kinda like it a lot. Deep enough, but shallow out a good way, gentle swell, and hardly ever a wave. Chrystal clear waters, and just a bit of sea weed from time to time.

#5 Aug 13, 2020 9:15 pm

New Historian
Active

Yup, BBC is the best beach alright, and you got Rocky and Nigel to liven things up a bit! Grannanse on cruise ship day is a zoo. Not Zoo the boatman, a regular zoo!

#6 Aug 21, 2020 8:00 am

Dancer
Active

Calypso wrote:

Only boom ???????
Could fool me Calypso.   (not)
lmao

#7 Aug 21, 2020 11:25 am

Calypso
Active

Dancer wrote:
Calypso wrote:

Only boom ???????
Could fool me Calypso.   (not)
lmao

And also make trouble with others on TS. This virus is driving people insane-... including me. Welcome back from elephant hunting in Botswana.

#8 Aug 25, 2020 9:17 pm

Dancer
Active

Botswana .      Is that where you do some hunting,  I was looking  , looking ., No JA to be found,   totally sad. lol
Gotta go back to the north. But  keep the faith.

#9 Aug 25, 2020 10:51 pm

Expat
Active

I will hope the hunting was with an SLR camera and not a .375 H&H.

Board footer