You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#11 Sep 02, 2020 6:39 pm

Slice
Active

Re: A Narrative of Sere Instructor School

Real Distwalker wrote:

There are 66,136 positive cases in Iowa.  The population of Iowa is 3,155,000.   Divide the population by the positive cases and you get 47.7.   That means that one in 48 Iowans have tested positive.  You were only off by a factor of 10.

Meanwhile, there are 108,863 positive cases in Maryland.  The population of Maryland is 6,045,680. Divide the population by the positive cases and you get 55.5. 

That means Maryland's overall infection rate is only slightly better than Iowa's.

For the last week about 20% of tests in Iowa have been positive.  That is one in five people tested are coming up positive.  I am sure that is what you saw but that is radically different from saying one in five Iowans are positive.

Well CNN must be not telling the truth. Maybe ah should ah check before posting. But yours is growing, mine is on the decline.

Last edited by Slice (Sep 02, 2020 6:45 pm)

#12 Sep 02, 2020 7:01 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Slice wrote:

But yours is growing, mine is on the decline.

The death rate in Iowa isn't growing.  We will likely never be as high as Maryland.

#13 Sep 03, 2020 9:10 am

Slice
Active

Death always always  are the last numbers.  CDC says states to watch, North and South Dakota and then Iowa.

#14 Sep 03, 2020 9:31 am

Real Distwalker
Active

The hot spot moves around.  First it was NY and NJ.  Then it was SC.  Then it was FL.  Then it was AZ.  Now it is northern plains states.  It will move on again.

#15 Sep 03, 2020 4:24 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:
Real Distwalker wrote:

There are 66,136 positive cases in Iowa.  The population of Iowa is 3,155,000.   Divide the population by the positive cases and you get 47.7.   That means that one in 48 Iowans have tested positive.  You were only off by a factor of 10.

Meanwhile, there are 108,863 positive cases in Maryland.  The population of Maryland is 6,045,680. Divide the population by the positive cases and you get 55.5. 

That means Maryland's overall infection rate is only slightly better than Iowa's.

For the last week about 20% of tests in Iowa have been positive.  That is one in five people tested are coming up positive.  I am sure that is what you saw but that is radically different from saying one in five Iowans are positive.

Well CNN must be not telling the truth. Maybe ah should ah check before posting. But yours is growing, mine is on the decline.

Ha Ha, CNN isn't telling the truth.... Wow, you just catching on.

It has taken this Covid incident to wake me up to how much lying, distortion, and deliberate downplaying of uncomfortable truths CNN, and many of the major broadcasters are up to.
The whole of Media, whether it be Youtube, Twitter, or Google is ALL being manipulated by bots/AI like the ones that sent you sexy pictures. Popular publishers of information who go against the status quo are shadow blocked, sites are taken down, videos are blocked. Upticks that would raise a persons web presence are deticked so they can't rise above the muddle. It is all censorship.
We are living in a putrid time, where our minds are being manipulated at every turn.

You WILL be vaccinated by mandate, you WILL accept rstrictions you would not have dreamed of 5 years ago, you are being kept in a state of fear. You are being enslaved. Shit there are even people out there suggesting they invent a moral drug to give to children so they will comply with the common good as defined by who ever is in power.

Last edited by Expat (Sep 03, 2020 4:27 pm)

#16 Sep 03, 2020 5:23 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

There is unmanipulated freedom of speech on the Spiceislander Talkshop.

#17 Sep 04, 2020 7:38 am

Expat
Active

true dat

#18 Sep 17, 2020 10:49 pm

Expat
Active

Good read, one typo... smile I thought it was me not knowing the proper spelling, but later on you used the spelling I know..... poncho.
I guess different units have different levels of torture. Some of our lot eat worms and all kinds of ghastly stuff. Another lot are dropped off on a remote Scottish Island and have to survive for 10 days I think it was wearing old ww11 uniforms. They are not allowed near the few locals that still live there, although aparently one lady gives them a cup of tea and a bun if they find a way to turn up. A course ending charge if they get caught. There was a whole series of these guys toughing it out drssing in old bin liners, and making conceled hides etc. But they didn't know what the course consisted of, or how long it would last, it was real mind games stuff. I might be conflating series, but at one point there was a march over elevated terrain in foul weather. I think a soldier had fallen the week before and died.
Me, I am glad not to have been involved in any of this man making processes. Just camping overnight, witjha tent buddy that snored for England, and caused me to stay outside watching the stars and then lights of Sautuers all night, then marching around Isle De Rhonde with not enough water for the day was enough for me. That was supposed to be a fun hunting trip....
25 points off for the typo, but otherwise you passed with flying colours Seargent RD..See .. instant promotion.  smile

#19 Sep 18, 2020 8:51 am

Real Distwalker
Active

One of the many takeaways from this course was that survival when you aren't trying to evade capture would be easy peasy in comparison to survival while on the run.

Board footer