You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Aug 21, 2020 3:38 pm

Expat
Active

Small Island can make it tough

To get things done.

I have just had my laptop fixed.. Probably not that easy to find a component changer in the UK, either, as it will be deemed more effective to throw the machine away, or buy a new board and just swap it out.

However, it was an absolute stroke of luck I found the guy who could a) inspect it, and then b) pass it onto someone who had the tools to remove and repair parts.

Stoke of luck as I just asked in one unrelated store if they knew someone, and they gave me their number.... cell.... and then that person gave me the second persons cell.

But for that chance meeting I would have never found them, as they have no land line.... So unless you know or ask, you aint never going to find people.

#2 Aug 21, 2020 7:50 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Small Island can make it tough

That's how get things done in Greenz - by happenstance lol!

#3 Aug 23, 2020 8:44 am

Slice
Active

Re: Small Island can make it tough

Two years ago while in Grenada, when they had that crazy rain that flooded Grenada, my phone got soaked.  I was about to throw the damn thing away, but someone said nah doh throw it away, there is someone in Grenada, who could fix it.  I said totally impossible.

He said there is ah guy just opposite LA Purcell that can fix it.  Ah even made ah bet that the phone is done. Yes after about five hours, he did fix it.  See Allyu in Grenada, ent so backward afterall.

I think that is one of the benefits of residing in ah small island.  We take care of each other, we doh kill each other, we know everybody, and we share with each other.

Well we do tief each other farm products, but the place so damn small the thives do get caught.  Gee me that Small Island mentality everyday.

Board footer