You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Aug 26, 2020 7:09 am

Slice
Active

WELL NH, CONGRATS ON A WONDERFUL PIECE IN NOW GRENADA

Am I surprise? Ah do not think so, but the length and details of the piece, is what is surprising.  If this piece is not a Wake up call to the entire caribbean, ah just do not what will.

I think you are fast becoming the second Caribbean winner of the Nobel peace prize.  Derek Walcott here comes New Historian.  did not mention that JackARSE Naipaul for reasons.

Naipaul had no interest in the Caribbean, but your piece  cares deeply about the entire Caribbean.

Kaiso, you remember your name calling about Small Island mentality?  Please read that piece written by ah man with ah Small Island mentality.

#2 Aug 26, 2020 10:35 am

New Historian
Active

Re: WELL NH, CONGRATS ON A WONDERFUL PIECE IN NOW GRENADA

THANK you Spiceman! Yes I'm passionate about the destruction of our beautiful homeland by these turds. When I reach back for good - watch out government I'm onto you!!

https://www.nowgrenada.com/2020/08/gren … /#comments

#3 Aug 26, 2020 11:24 am

gripe
Active

Slice, you beat me to it. I just finished reading, and was about to post here, the very well written assessment of the misguided tourism/development program that our government has devised. The ramifications are potentially quite destructive for our Grenada such that there is an urgent need for the type of commonsense advocacy that the author, "NH" (Mr. Brian Samuel), felt motivated to present to all who care about home.

Interestingly, now that "NH" has revealed himself as Brian Samuel, I believe that I know him quite well. To confirm, Mr. Samuel, are you a G.B.S.S. "old boy"?

#4 Aug 26, 2020 11:41 am

New Historian
Active

Aww man, you mean my secret identity is blown?? Shucks. Not the right Samuel, I went to Hindsey's school then was Windrushed to Blighty. Maybe my cousin?

#5 Aug 26, 2020 11:50 am

gripe
Active

Thanks; I know a Brian Samuel who attended G.B.S.S. in the mid-70s through the early 1980s.

I, too, attended Hindsey; a family tradition.

Again, your piece on the tourism debacle is commendable. Let's see how the government responds.

#6 Aug 26, 2020 12:01 pm

Slice
Active

gripe wrote:

Slice, you beat me to it. I just finished reading, and was about to post here, the very well written assessment of the misguided tourism/development program that our government has devised. The ramifications are potentially quite destructive for our Grenada such that there is an urgent need for the type of commonsense advocacy that the author, "NH" (Mr. Brian Samuel), felt motivated to present to all who care about home.

Interestingly, now that "NH" has revealed himself as Brian Samuel, I believe that I know him quite well. To confirm, Mr. Samuel, are you a G.B.S.S. "old boy"?

Read that piece last night, could not wait to post it this morning.  Did reveal his real name in my first piece, but deleted it. i gave it away anyway because ah commented on the piece.

But gripe ah thought you knew his real name? did not think it was a secret.  Even one of the piece he wrote on TS, his name was attached to the piece.

#7 Aug 26, 2020 12:19 pm

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:

THANK you Spiceman! Yes I'm passionate about the destruction of our beautiful homeland by these turds. When I reach back for good - watch out government I'm onto you!!

https://www.nowgrenada.com/2020/08/gren … /#comments

Grenada need so much, it is very upsetting. My main intentions when ah retire, was to reside in Grenada fulltime; then, reality set in and a lady friend said you must be mad, you cant gave up all you earn in America for Grenadians.  She look at me as if was mad.

Three months later ah back in the states.

#8 Aug 26, 2020 7:02 pm

New Historian
Active

gripe wrote:

Thanks; I know a Brian Samuel who attended G.B.S.S. in the mid-70s through the early 1980s.

Again, your piece on the tourism debacle is commendable. Let's see how the government responds.

There's another of me??? Oh gord.

Yes man this piece certainly seems to have hit a raw nerve, I was having lunch at the food court at the mall today when I hear a big voice: "SAMUEL!! Boy yuh gi dem a LASH today! Lick dem yes!" Ah nearly choke on me food lol!!!

#9 Aug 26, 2020 7:09 pm

Expat
Active

I hope a certain video didn't cause the blood to boil   smile

Excellent article.

#10 Aug 26, 2020 7:10 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:
gripe wrote:

There's another of me??? Oh gord.

Yes man this piece certainly seems to have hit a raw nerve, I was having lunch at the food court at the mall today when I hear a big voice: "SAMUEL!! Boy yuh gi dem a LASH today! Lick dem yes!" Ah nearly choke on me food lol!!!

Like we nearly bounce, I was in IGA a bit later in the afternoon.

Board footer