You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Aug 26, 2020 7:50 pm

Expat
Active

BVI doesn't have its head in the sand

They figure it will HELP their economy.

We of course think it is all against God, and will encourage prostitution, and murky underworld actors.

>>
    Gaming and Betting Virgin Islands Control Act of 2020 legalises gambling in BVI
    In June, BVI legislators unanimously voted to legalise gambling in the territory
  <<

Then of course we have the medical Cannabis, never mind recreational cannabis.

We have an absolutely bloody stupid piece of outdated legislation where anything that comes from a Cannabis family plant is either illegal, or has to pass committee.

So I wanted to bring in CBD, which is HEMP derived, and either has very low THC's or none at all.  It is great for relieving pain, and many other uses. Hardly any negative impact at all.... whereas NSAID's damage your liver, kidneys, damage your joints, and cause many other issues all the while while you feel better. I followed the official route as I didn't want to be arrested for trying to import an illegal substance at the port.

My application to import was rejected.... probably because I am not the PM's cousin. Initially even without them doing ANY research.

I was told by the Chief Chemist, Oh you can't import Hemp, in the legislation.

So I went to the supermarket and bought a packet of crushed hemp seeds used in cooking... and brought it back to her. It is packed by BADIA. Also there are hemp hair greases, and sundry other products. All on sale in Grenada.  Like one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

By the time we get connected to the real world I shall probably be dead. Talk about behind times.

Last edited by Expat (Aug 26, 2020 7:50 pm)

Board footer