You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#11 Aug 31, 2020 12:28 pm

Slice
Active

Re: Iowa has the second worst transmission rate in the US right now

You know, your state is making news now as one of the highest  thansmission in the nation?  They say watch Iowa.  Yesterday the family and I went out to the National Harbour.  This place is really nice, but the crowds had me scared.  I mean most folks was wearing mask, but lord just too much folks outside.

Then we decide we going gambling.  We were going to go MGM grand, then wifee thought better about going indoors; so, we change we minds.  Ah mean it is great to be outside, but with so many folks outside it is almost impossible to do social distaning.

All I am going to say is America should of done much much better.  It hurts to see America has lost confidence in her self, and will be the talking point around the world.

When ah in Grenada, I will not visit Expat.  I wont be able to argue with him.  He will rub that shite in me face.  He and everyone else.

#12 Aug 31, 2020 12:31 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Yep, Iowa is the hot spot now.  The thing is, it moves around.  In the beginning it was New York and New Jersey.  Later it was South Carolina.  Then it was Florida and Arizona.  Now it is Iowa and the Dakotas.  In a couple weeks it will be somewhere else.

Whatever will be will be.

For the record, New York and New Jersey still have many more cases per capita than does Iowa and 21 states have more deaths per capita than Iowa.... and Iowa has a high population of elderly.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Aug 31, 2020 12:40 pm)

#13 Aug 31, 2020 12:44 pm

Slice
Active

I just cant wrap me head around NY, could it be possible, there is an end in sight?  How the hell could ah place like New York positivity rate be 0.6%?

Not sure how many Talkshoppers has been to that place city, and see how they travel and how crowded,their streets are; but, to be that low is  a miracle to me.

Last edited by Slice (Aug 31, 2020 12:46 pm)

#14 Aug 31, 2020 12:45 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Maryland's Covid-19 death rate is 62 per 100,000.  Iowa's Covid-19 death rate is 35 per 100,000.  Maryland's death rate is almost twice that of Iowa.

#15 Aug 31, 2020 12:51 pm

Slice
Active

Doh tink that is the true story.  MD got those numbers real early, now they are reporting less deaths daily.  Their postivity rate is below 5%.  We are doing great, as comapred to where we were.

Allyu just starting.  Long road ahead.

Last edited by Slice (Aug 31, 2020 12:52 pm)

#16 Aug 31, 2020 1:12 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Straight out of the New York Times today...

Opera-Snapshot-2020-08-31-121001-www-nytimes-com.png

#17 Aug 31, 2020 1:26 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

I just cant wrap me head around NY, could it be possible, there is an end in sight?  How the hell could ah place like New York positivity rate be 0.6%?

Not sure how many Talkshoppers has been to that place city, and see how they travel and how crowded,their streets are; but, to be that low is  a miracle to me.

It's very simple. Once everybody has had it it can't be transmitted it's called........ herd immunity.... They will mandate the vaccine just as everyone is immune from herd immunity. They will have to earn those billions of dollars somehow.

Every place that is a hot spot gets closer to the herd immunity. The only new concern is will mutated versions come back and bite us all over again?

#18 Aug 31, 2020 1:30 pm

Slice
Active

I am not arguing the numbers, all I am saying, is that it could be misleading.  Our death   rate now is very low.  Could about less than five a day now.  We are in
much better that than you are now. We going down, you going up.

#19 Aug 31, 2020 1:35 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

We'd have to have a hell of a lot of deaths to catch up to Maryland.  That isn't going happen at this point.   The infection rate in Iowa has been climbing since June but the death rate is much lower than in April and May.  Clearly they are getting better at treating it.

#20 Aug 31, 2020 2:44 pm

Expat
Active

If only they would get overy this political rejection of Hydroxy, Zinc, and the antibiotic the medics would be even better at it.

How can a drug that has treated billions around the World, never mind millions, for around 60 years with the rare ability to be recommended for pregnant and nursing mothers suddenly become dangerous? Around 20 years ago Fauci himself stated it was safe.The initial variant did have some side effects, they corrected that, which is why the name was changed to reflect the change to Hydroxy, and until Fauci and the deep pocket Vaccine investors started to get greedy it was a safe and effective drug being used for a different purpose than originally intended.... there's a lot of less safe drugs used the same way.

All hail the drug company funded media, and the inept for peddling the storythat  it isn't effective. Absolutely no conflict of interest.... Right.

In twenty years or so when the mud clears the truth will come out, and those alive will have a lot of questions to answer considering the death toll. Crimes against humanity springs to mind.

Last edited by Expat (Aug 31, 2020 2:46 pm)

Board footer