You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Sep 07, 2020 8:32 pm

Expat
Active

Health figures from a "healthy nation"

Screenshot-2020-09-06-22-44-20.png

And thats only a short list of conditions and percentages.

Well at least there is one less chronic digestive order patient in America, but I don't think thats going to tip the percentages any.

Last edited by Expat (Sep 07, 2020 8:37 pm)

#2 Sep 07, 2020 9:54 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Health figures from a "healthy nation"

America lags behind the West in virtually every measure of quality of life. So much for "the greatest country in the world"

#3 Sep 07, 2020 10:21 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

You guys wish you had my quality of life. smile

#4 Sep 07, 2020 10:45 pm

New Historian
Active

No I don't, I'm quite happy with mine thanks. I don't need the "quality" of living in a toxic society like yours.

#5 Sep 07, 2020 10:55 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Every uneducated hayseed in the US thinks he knows Caribbean culture because he listens to Jimmy Buffet and and took a Carnival Cruise to the Bahamas. 

You and Expat remind me of those clowns when you start lecturing me about US culture.

#6 Sep 07, 2020 11:05 pm

New Historian
Active

Those uneducated hayseeds in the US, the real clowns, haven't lived in the USA for 10-odd years, in 3 cities, like I have. So I know "a little bit" about your homeland, a good deal more than you know about mine. So don't talk to me about clowns, there are no people on the planet more ignorant of world affairs, than "you people".

#7 Sep 08, 2020 8:45 am

Real Distwalker
Active

You aren't qualified to school me on American culture.

#8 Sep 08, 2020 9:28 am

New Historian
Active

I'm more qualified to school you about yours than you are about mine. I've lived in the heart of the beast for many years,I know the animal.

#9 Sep 08, 2020 9:35 am

Real Distwalker
Active

A) I have never tried to lecture you on your culture.

B) America is a continental nation with many and varied cultures.  You learned virtually nothing of my culture or quality of life by living in some mega-city.

C) It is pretty rude to tell anyone that their culture is bad and their quality of life is poor... especially when you don't really understand them and you are, well, wrong.

D) When the pandemic is over I cordially invite you to come visit and be a guest in my home.  I will show you what the heartland is like and I promise you will leave with a different attitude.  That is a genuine offer.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Sep 08, 2020 9:42 am)

#10 Sep 08, 2020 10:09 am

New Historian
Active

"It is pretty rude to tell anyone that their culture is bad and their quality of life is poor." I never said that, I said your culture is toxic. Okay a sweeping statement, but you cannot deny that since the racist-in-chief, America isn't the same society it was prior. I love many many things about America, but on the other hand....

Board footer