You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#11 Sep 08, 2020 10:12 am

New Historian
Active

Re: Health figures from a "healthy nation"

And I certainly do hope to take you up on your offer! What's the nearest "mega-city" that I would have to fly into? PS: I didn't only live in megas, as a teenager I spent an unforgettable year in La Grange Illinois, which was just like a Norman Rockwell painting of heartland America!

#12 Sep 08, 2020 10:37 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Trump is toxic as a cyanide turd but he will eventually be flushed.  One of the nations that the US is always compared unfavorably to is Germany but, damn, that place was pretty damned toxic 75 years ago and the eastern part was pretty toxic 30 years ago. 

You could fly into Cedar Rapids, Iowa and it would be less than a 20 minute ride to my house. You will find nothing toxic about the local culture and you will find the quality of life where I live to be quite pleasant.

PS: You might not enjoy the quality of the weather Jan, Feb, Mar, however.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Sep 08, 2020 10:39 am)

#13 Sep 08, 2020 10:40 am

Dancer
Active

RD is sometimes humorous and truthful  , you can't take that away from him . ....
""  Those uneducated hayseeds in the US thinks he knows Caribbean culture  because he listens to  Jimmy Buffet and took a Carnival Cruise to the Bahamas ""   .... lol ... true, true.

But ..... " it seems to me New Historian spent   more time in the 'deep south ' than a Carnival Cruise. "
lmao.

Last edited by Dancer (Sep 08, 2020 10:40 am)

#14 Sep 08, 2020 3:41 pm

Expat
Active

Toxic is right. Abused food, both GMO, and sprayed with Weedkiller which not only messes with the biostructure of the soil, gets into the human food chain, and is partly responsible for the chronic gut issues in America today. Growth Hormones, and Antibotics to keep down the bugs that feeding the animals shit creates, plus many states with compulsory vaccination. Yet the rapidly rising cadre of chronically sick is ? maybe genetic... Yeh right.

Yes, yes, it is an enormous country, and apart from producing toxic corn Iowa is a wonderful place. Which is nothing like Chicago, or Detroit. Even us simpletons can work that out.

#15 Sep 08, 2020 4:06 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

The corn isn't toxic. 

1081.gif

#16 Sep 08, 2020 8:10 pm

Expat
Active

I guess we'll agree to disagree on that one... Big time.

Fortunately Europe disagrees with you.

Regrettably we get our flour from the US. so we are fricked.

The escallating bowel disorders which only presented in very recent times would tend to dispute your position. Glyphosate was intended to disrupt insect digestion, and now it is sprayed on crops BEFORE harvesting to speed up the dessication of the crop. It has never been tested on humans because it was only intended to spray crops in the early stages... hence GMO to tollerate the spray, but it was never intended for late stage spraying which causes it to be in the food chain, and surprise surprise now the leaky gut, and all kinds of other gut related illnesses are going through the roof.

You can believe Monsanto if you like. I bet you believed Carreras when they told you cigarettes were safe too.

#17 Sep 08, 2020 8:14 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Superstition.

#18 Sep 08, 2020 8:35 pm

New Historian
Active

"You can believe Monsanto if you like. I bet you believed Carreras when they told you cigarettes were safe too."

And Roundup is harmless.

#19 Sep 08, 2020 8:40 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

It is ridiculous.

#20 Sep 08, 2020 9:01 pm

New Historian
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

It is ridiculous.