You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Sep 09, 2020 10:45 pm

houston
Active

Where do people go?

The continents of Eurasia, South America and Africa don't seem to be where people wish to live. Why is that?
Do they have to many pesticides in those lands?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration

#2 Sep 09, 2020 11:08 pm

houston
Active

Re: Where do people go?

They migrate to a better place to live because the place they were in was a mismanaged shit hole.

#3 Sep 10, 2020 9:09 am

Expat
Active

Complete and utter over generalisation.

Sounds like you have swallowed Trumps mantra whole.

#4 Sep 10, 2020 9:27 am

Slice
Active

houston wrote:

They migrate to a better place to live because the place they were in was a mismanaged shit hole.

I guess it is your take on better.  What is a better life?

With some cash about 5million, I would  love to stay in Grenada. If you follow life in general, living in Grenada, one of the less population and purely organic island on earth.  Of course you have to watch what you eat.  The air is fresh.  The folks are extremly friendly.  You can fall asleep, with all windows and doors open.  Your neoghbor will tell you Mr Greenidge while you were gone, ah see some folks ah doh  know visit you house.

For an island with no real good health care I am shocked at the number of folks who are healthy in their eighties.

Ah love the fact that if ah drop me wallett, someone going to the radio station and make an announcemnet that they found ah wallett with money  and where to collect it.

I love the fact that someone will drop ah hand ah fig, ah soursoup, ah bag ah plums, ah bag ah juicy sweet Julie mango.

Love it daily when the shell start to blow, someone coming to sell you fresh fish.  During lobster season ah could buy ah big ARSE Lobster for five Ec dollars.

Now if you wanna call that kinda living ah hell hole, then go ahead.

#5 Sep 10, 2020 9:48 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Houston's point is that people haven't been coming to America by any means possible for more than two centuries in order to experience a worse life than they had.  They are coming to America because they believe their quality of life will improve.  My ancestors traveled here from Europe on sailing vessels, struggled out to the edge of the wilderness and bet their lives on grain.  They didn't do that because they thought it would be worse than Europe.  People come her because it is better than where they were.  Period.

#6 Sep 10, 2020 11:54 am

Slice
Active

I know things might change, but Trump has exposed so much weakness in the American system.  It also highlighted the racism in America.  Mind you ah doh think the COPS are racist, they are just brutal.  It is something they all have been doing for years and years.  The difference now it is Highlighted.

I get his point, but for your and your migrating four parents, that is good, but under Trump, we are not welcome here.  Under Trump the welcoming American dream is no longer. For the past four years America is no longer.  Gee me ah place, where I can chill and rest me mind from all the evils  Trump has created.

RD i am not sure if you have connections outside America, if you do, listen to their stories and how they feel about America now. i have cousins in England, Germany, and Canada, they are all saying the same thing.  they are now scared of America.

I know this is tempory, but it is happenning right now.

#7 Sep 10, 2020 12:25 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I tell them that Trump sucks.  America doesn't suck.

Board footer