You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Sep 14, 2020 10:38 pm

Expat
Active

Monsanto/Beyer takes a big hit

2 Billion settlement for cancer stricken couple. Knocks around 40% of the value of Beyer.

https://thehighwire.com/videos/meet-the … ntos-side/

#2 Sep 15, 2020 12:13 am

New Historian
Active

Re: Monsanto/Beyer takes a big hit

But do any of these judgements ever get paid? Big pharma got big bucks for big lawyers to "starve the plaintiffs" - pun intended.

#3 Sep 15, 2020 8:32 am

Real Distwalker
Active

It is going to starve more than the plaintiffs if courts keep finding new ways to make it difficult to feed the world.  If we go 100 percent organic, billions will go hungry.

#4 Sep 15, 2020 9:48 am

Expat
Active

How about not standing in your driveway in a pair of shorts, T shirt and flip flops telling the gullible public a neurotoxin is safe to spray, while your own employee advisary says wear goggles, gloves, respirator and impervious clothing?  Hmmm

You glibly go on about Iowans bathing in the stuff. Maybe you really mean it is applied by trained technicians who wear all the safety apparel and once it has been sprayed onto the ground/crop it is no longer going to be so dangerous, except for killing off the micro-organisms in the ground, combined with artificial fertilisers which until recently I found out from a regular gardening site, not an antivaxing site end up damaging the soil balance. Can't remember the specifics, but I thing it involved uptake of Nitrogen in the plants which converted into something or other which was then not good for our digestion... You can bash me on that as much as you like as I am waffling, but it was a clear indicator chucking tons of artificial fertilizer wasn't a good idea in the long term.

Board footer