You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Mar 05, 2017 2:12 am

houston
Active

Photography

Parkhill_001.jpg

October_30_2014_004.jpg

October_30_2014_008.jpg

October_30_2014_026.jpg

Expat, could you please crop this?

#3 Mar 05, 2017 2:03 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Photography

I am surprised. I just did a quick monitor tune to get brightness, grey and colour balance, and I ended up with an even slightly darker brightness setting. Which makes your images even gloomier.

Can you not find some bright summery pictures.... I am getting S.A.D., and will have to stand outside for 15 minutes to recharge my battery... smile

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder  smile  but out of idle curiosity you might check your monitor balance too...

#4 Mar 05, 2017 6:22 pm

Expat
Active

OK, so scrub everything.

I left the last post in case you read it already.

More fiddling with my monitor and probably the image rendered would be similar to yours. So for the picture initially amended it is neither better or worse, depending on which fits purpose, but I wouldn't have bothered to interfere with it had my screen been as it is now.

So the short statement is..... My Bad.

#5 Mar 05, 2017 7:06 pm

houston
Active

I don't see an orange flash? I see a field of beans that border onto a field of wheat with a forest in the background.

#6 Mar 06, 2017 5:50 pm

Expat
Active

Fourth picture, the one I cropped.

Has a band of orange just in front of the tree line.

#7 Mar 06, 2017 8:28 pm

houston
Active

I believe that is corn given the time of year. The sun was breaking through on that section so therefore the brightened streak.
Was interested in buying that spot about 2 years ago but talked myself out of it....kicking myself now.
It was cheap and rare to find property. Severed 1 acre lots of zoned agriculture land are far and few. The location didn't work well at the time, gravel roads are usually the last to be ploughed in winter and the hydro lines running down the road were a turn off.
Since then situations have changed work wise and the location would have been ideal, but as they say, 20/20 is hindsight.
The new owners have put a new steel roof on the house and garage, looks really good with the improvements invested.

Board footer