You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Oct 06, 2020 11:02 am

Expat
Active

First volunteer dies

The very first person to be inoculated in the Oxford trials died 2 days after taking the jab.

A lady by the name of Lisa Granato.

#2 Oct 06, 2020 12:42 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: First volunteer dies

That is pretty terrible news.  Fortunately it is six month old fake news.

https://fullfact.org/online/elisa-granato-fake/

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Oct 06, 2020 12:43 pm)

#3 Oct 07, 2020 8:33 am

Slice
Active

Expat wrote:

The very first person to be inoculated in the Oxford trials died 2 days after taking the jab.

A lady by the name of Lisa Granato.

Now you see why ah so damn  skeptical about what I read on the net, one doh know what to believe.

#4 Oct 07, 2020 2:22 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

That is pretty terrible news.  Fortunately it is six month old fake news.

https://fullfact.org/online/elisa-granato-fake/

Well spotted. It was actually forwarded to me by a nurse....

I thought it was just delayed news, as I know there were about 3 problems with the first trial which caused a halt. One triggered MS, or at least the trial people say it was already there, although historically Vaccines have been known to bring on MS, and two others which I think it was a neurological problem, and out of the small sample 2 was a high count for it being a coincidence.

As for slicyboy, this was as you know a forwarded post, no substantive documentation, which is far different from the science based reports, research papers and statement from eminent experts I normally quote from.

As they say Stateside.... My Bad.

#5 Oct 07, 2020 3:34 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

It happens.  I have quoted fake news too.  Nowadays before I post something, I check it out.  If a website says my dog loves me, I will check it out.

#6 Oct 08, 2020 8:53 am

Slice
Active

When ah read that Mangoes are dangerous for the body and also KFC, was growing featherless chicken, and the way it was presented, ah kinda start saying, wait ah minute some thing is not right here.  Then ah read a medical story that also was very convincing, only to find out that Medical story was nothing but trash, ah finally say, not me ah fraid to trust anything ah read on the net, unless it comes from ah reputable source.

#7 Oct 08, 2020 2:57 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

When ah read that Mangoes are dangerous for the body and also KFC, was growing featherless chicken, and the way it was presented, ah kinda start saying, wait ah minute some thing is not right here.  Then ah read a medical story that also was very convincing, only to find out that Medical story was nothing but trash, ah finally say, not me ah fraid to trust anything ah read on the net, unless it comes from ah reputable source.

From a reputable source, absolutely. Even then it has to be one the reputable source fact checked.... smile

#8 Oct 08, 2020 4:12 pm

houston
Active

Exactly. Where do reputable news agencies get their info these days?
The horses mouth isn't as reliable as it used to be.

#9 Oct 09, 2020 12:03 am

Expat
Active

Generally speaking the press, and much of the on line sources are all signed up to the party line.

We have reached a level of censorship which is which is harming us, and harming science, as without free debate and alternate views to be considered, it certainly isn't scientific, as science is predicated on debate/argument, and confrontation.

As this nonsense continues the public will start to trust science and scientists less and less, especially when we find out as we surely will many of the science based strategies were very flawed.

There are crank theories to be Snoped, debated, dismissed, and believed by a few. But to compel everyone to the party line is doomed to failure, as free thinkers will always rise above the hubub. It is just 1984 come true.

Board footer