You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Oct 07, 2020 8:55 am

Slice
Active

NOW IF THIS PROFESSOR AT MORGAN STATE UNIVERISITY AND ALSO MSNBC

CONTRIBUTOR IS RIGHT, THIS COULD BE THE FIRST NAIL IN TRUMP COFFIN.

According to him, already 347.000.000 first time African-American have already voted.  That number is First time voters. Ah smell ah blow out this election.  Trump got 7% of the black vote last time.  I think that number will rise a point or two.  Remember Africans-Americans did not vote in the last election, in numbers they were expected. Trump will increase his numbers with black voters, but the First time voters will off set his gains.  Assuming the new voters are mostly for Democrat's.

#2 Oct 07, 2020 10:20 am

Dancer
Active

Re: NOW IF THIS PROFESSOR AT MORGAN STATE UNIVERISITY AND ALSO MSNBC

Trump is toast , some real Americans getting some moxie.

BUT :

( this is why Pres Trump wants to keep you out of his country ) ...

:  PEW Research Center.

>>> The 2020 U.S.  Presidential  election  is rapidly coming into view  -- and so is the electorate  that will determine its outcome.
.  We project that the 2020 election will have more Hispanic  than Black eligible voters  at 13% of  eligible voters.
. . Blacks 12 % of eligible voters.
> In raw numbers 32 million Hispanics will be able to vote ; compared to 32 million Blacks.

Taken all Together ::  This strong growth among  minority population  means that a 1/3 of eligible voters in 2020 will be non white.      UP from a 1/4  in 2000.

One in ten eligible voters in the 2020 elections will have been born outside the USA.

#3 Oct 08, 2020 8:57 am

Slice
Active

Fact, last year about this time about forty thousand voted by mail.  This year over five million.  Ah wonder who was listening to Trump message?

#4 Oct 08, 2020 10:35 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I thought Trump would lose in 2016 and he didn't so I will say my prediction is uncertain.  That said, I would guess Trump is going to lose and he is going to lose big.

#5 Oct 08, 2020 10:46 am

Slice
Active

Nothing is certain, but it do not look great for Trump right now.  I suggest about one quarter of Republican will vote Democratic.  According to Steve Schmidt.  Trump can not win if 4% of Republican do not support him, and according to him, much more are not supporting him.  November 10th is ah long way.  I know about November 3rd, but ah just think that is how long, before the full results are known.

RD, ah forgot to mention your  state is in the news again, with rising COVID cases.  Well so is everyone else.

Last edited by Slice (Oct 08, 2020 10:51 am)

#6 Oct 08, 2020 11:08 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Iowa's Rt Rate is 1.03 this morning.  Maryland's is 1.02 so pretty much the same.  They are both slightly below the national rate of 1.04.

My daughter's wedding is Saturday.  The wedding and reception are all outside so it is as safe as can be hoped.  Still, a lot of people coming.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Oct 08, 2020 11:09 am)

#7 Oct 08, 2020 6:42 pm

Slice
Active

Congrats on you daughter wedding.  Doh get to drunk.  Still doh takes chances.  Read story that the bride and groom dead from COVID, just two weeks after wedding.

#8 Oct 08, 2020 10:30 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Sheesh.  That's not a happy thought.

#9 Oct 09, 2020 12:20 am

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Congrats on you daughter wedding.  Doh get to drunk.  Still doh takes chances.  Read story that the bride and groom dead from COVID, just two weeks after wedding.

Bet they were doddering old farts about 90 years old... )

I need sources on that, nothing springs up regarding the event.

Last edited by Expat (Oct 09, 2020 12:27 am)

#10 Oct 09, 2020 12:29 am

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Iowa's Rt Rate is 1.03 this morning.  Maryland's is 1.02 so pretty much the same.  They are both slightly below the national rate of 1.04.

My daughter's wedding is Saturday.  The wedding and reception are all outside so it is as safe as can be hoped.  Still, a lot of people coming.

UK is 1.3-1.6  sad

Board footer