You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Oct 07, 2020 1:32 pm

gripe
Active

87-Year-Old Would-be-Lawyer: Seeking 5th Try at Bar Exam

Your take on Mr. Davis' current push for the bar exam since he last took it in the 1960's is awaited.

I found it interesting that "he studies by “photoreading,” which consists of briefly looking at a page of his study materials, allowing the mental image to go into his subconscious. He studied 30 pages in about 30 seconds." My guess is that Mr. Davis did not use that technique at any point re his prior attempts at the Bar exam.

Hopefully the administrative problems will be resolved and he will be able to take the exam -- a 5th time -- and be successful/pass.

See the story here: https://www.abajournal.com/news/article … les-remain

#2 Oct 08, 2020 9:56 am

Dancer
Active

Re: 87-Year-Old Would-be-Lawyer: Seeking 5th Try at Bar Exam

Made me  think of taking a couple of  'photoreading' classes.
Btw Gripe .  Mr Davis family to you ?     Time running out , 87 nothing  to play with.

#3 Oct 08, 2020 12:53 pm

gripe
Active

Dancer, you had me reading your question -- "Btw Gripe .  Mr Davis family to you ? " -- twice. Then, I almost died laughing. Actually no; I do not know Mr. Davis. The story was very interesting to me and I thought that it may be of interest to others here as well.

Here is my "btw" question: why did you ask me that question?

#4 Oct 08, 2020 5:19 pm

Dancer
Active

' Gripe  , ever heard of Sherlock Holmes ?.
No ?     .....smh

" Clues , Gripe , clues . lol '

a .... a name like 'gripe' . " I haven't heard that word since  2 weeks to 6 months old  " .  ......  'Baby   Gripe Water' keeps stomach troubles at bay.
b ....  Calypso thinks you are a gentleman - that means - you listen to classical music  , speak softly , and watch English Premier League soccer.
c ....  You like to post about the human condition .

BTW  ....  I liked   "" I almost died laughing """  ......... played right into the thought. lmao.

.... Anyhow  gripe   ::::::  ( should you not spell a name with a capital letter ?  You and houston from the same school ? )

- continuing .... are you 87  gripe ?  ( Congrats   !!!!)
Jeez. lol.

#5 Oct 09, 2020 12:18 am

Expat
Active

It's NOT soccer, there may have been a time when it was up to the 1970s, when the yankees started to use it cos of their American Footie but now it's FOOTBALL cos we is like that.

Thinking about it, isn't American Footie Grid Iron?

#6 Oct 09, 2020 4:52 pm

gripe
Active

Dancer, I am glad that I posed my question to you. Your responses were very interesting and quite creative but ultimately missed the mark since I am not Mr. Davis, the 87-year-old would-be-lawyer.

Some comments are needed though:

a. Per my moniker, "gripe", know that the lower case first letter is intentional and much more of a comment than a need for personal identification with an idea.  The most that I can say about "houston" is that that person proves that the non-traditional lower case first letter in my moniker is not necessarily off-the-wall.

b. I was not aware of Calypso's generous view of me based on my postings. Also, yes, I am an EPL fan (Man. U. every day!), love all types of music especially those that touches the soul lyrically and through the musicial arrangements, and I believe that if you "speak softly" you can still be heard.

c. Our "human condition" inevitably demands ALL of our attention and I believe that posters here are faithful to that fact exploring humanity's positives and negatives, daily. Our continued existence demands that we do so, unceasingly, even when we sometimes disagree on issues. 

Finally, Dancer, without revealing more, I must say that you do have some Sherlock Holmes traits that need a bit more tweaking to get you cracking seemingly stubborn cases! My prediction: you can get there if you persist (as Mr. Davis is bent on doing to achieve his goal).

#7 Oct 11, 2020 10:32 am

Dancer
Active

What can I say gripe. " ?     ....   Bon Jour "

Board footer