You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Oct 09, 2020 11:05 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Expat asked for photos...

The wedding is tomorrow but here is a phone snap shot during the rehearsal this evening.

20201009-170903.jpg

#2 Oct 10, 2020 9:49 am

Expat
Active

Re: Expat asked for photos...

Amazing what you can do with a phone camera these days.... you might as well bin your fancy wancy camera mate.  smile

Glad to see the Bride to be and Groom are social distancing, I trust they will remember to do that after the nuptuals.. smile

Congrats to one and all, and I hope it is a wonderful day.

#3 Oct 10, 2020 12:18 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Seriously.  My Samsung 10 camera takes better normal lighting photos than does my expensive DSLR.

#4 Oct 10, 2020 12:45 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Seriously.  My Samsung 10 camera takes better normal lighting photos than does my expensive DSLR.

You can pull photo's with a decent DSLR that a phone just couldn't do justice, and we know you have one of those, also you can put even phone camera images into a RAW format, so you can tweak it to be crsiper, more focussed or what ever, but Phone cameras have come a very long way.

Also there is now a move towards cameras without moving glass, which makes them closer to phone cameras in format, but still you have precision lenses at the front that can do more than a standard phone can.

But absolutely, phone cameras are really good in non challenging situations.

Or I could have said all that in one line like you just did... smile

#5 Oct 10, 2020 12:53 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I can do much, much, much more with my DSLR in low light, dynamic range, focus lengths and telephoto.  That said, I have seen that in simple snaps like those above, the Samsung has a better automatic sensor and I get consistently better snaps.  I am not giving up the DSLR by any means.  I don't carry it around for snaps, however.

#6 Oct 10, 2020 11:17 pm

New Historian
Active

I was saying the same thing to my brother today; we're both semi-serious snappers, starting with Canons then graduating to Nikon. With these modern phones, who the hell needs a camera? Big or small, it's just something extra to carry, when your ever-present phone can do 99% of the same job! To wit, my Samsung Note 10:

Baby-comes-home.jpg

Last edited by New Historian (Oct 10, 2020 11:18 pm)

#7 Oct 12, 2020 8:20 am

Slice
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Folks often wonder why my pics so much better than theirs.  That Note 10 have ah serious camera. Ah hear the Note 20 is even better. Cant wait to see them pics.  That is if you decide to share.

Last edited by Slice (Oct 12, 2020 8:22 am)

#8 Oct 12, 2020 8:27 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Giving my daughter away.  Happiness tinged with a touch of sadness.

Attachment-2.jpg

#9 Oct 12, 2020 9:00 am

WH Man
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Giving my daughter away.  Happiness tinged with a touch of sadness.

https://i.postimg.cc/PrdGwNgP/Attachment-2.jpg

Congratulations my man...…...a proud pop with his lovely daughter.   Best wishes for a long and happy marriage.

#10 Oct 12, 2020 9:09 am

Expat
Active

Nice one.

Wishing them all the best for the future.

Board footer