You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Oct 10, 2020 11:38 pm

Expat
Active

So far the Great Barrington Declaration

Has been signed so far by:

7108 Medical and Public Health Scientists. While I typed this it went up to 7,178 now 7,897

15,995 Doctors   up to 16,003 now 18,782

229,386 Members of the public  up to 230,262 now 305,878

This is a declaration that the Media, and some of the main speakers for your health say is the wrong aproach.

Yet, what have THEY got. More restrictions, wearng masks that even surgical masks reduce oxygen intake by up to 20%, and take you well over safety margins for C02, which is why you get headaches, nausia, and for at least one person car crashes. The long term affects on everyone who has to wear masks all day every day is going to be bad. Before they climed on the bandwaggon Cosh or Cosa or what ever its called stated clearly you should not wear masks all day, you had to take breaks, and even then in a work environment users HAD to be tested to see if they could cope with the rigours of mask wearing, which puts a load on your pulmonary organs. It has even casued heart attacks... As stated by whistle blowers from that organisation.

The 3 protagonists in the GBD do not say don't keep your distance, they do not say don't wash your hands, they do not even say don't wear masks. What they do say is keep the oldfarts and the seriously ill out of harms way, and let every other bugger who has an extremely small risk of dying, and relatively few people who regrettably will get short or long term side effects.... but life is not without risks.

According to the CDC survival rates are....

0-19   -- 99.997%
20-49 -- 99.98%
50-69 -- 99.55%
70+    -- 94.60%

So for a few more months I have 99.55% chance of living if I catch a nasty cold.

Again according to the CDC children have a greater chance of serious complications with FLUE rather than Covid19.

We are being got at by hysterical numbers, many of which are manufactured by false reporting, and irregular death certificates, and this endless stream of reporting positive cases, when the vast vast majority of those cases are asymptomatic, so other than maybe spreading it, if you don't know you have got it, and you have no detrimental effects who gives a shit. Certainly if you get it and it doesn't affect you what good would a vaccine be that only reduces the effects. You can't get less than no effects, so for around 80% of the population it will do nothing, other than maybe make them feel uwell after the injections, which is WORSE than they would otherwise have been. Aslo aparently the vaccines will not stop you catching the virus, but assuming you might have had serious affects, it will reduce them, it wont stop you spreading it either. So millions and millions for almost nothing.

Then they are mostly trialing on younger healthier people. And I hear that with one of the trials, although they are recruiting around 30,000 in the end it will only be around 150 who will actually be the test group. Wow, that will be a good reason to trust the result.

Plus if the figures are correct again for one, I forget which one, they gave 250milligrams of vaccine to younger people, and 25milligrams to 100 milligrams to the older group... and as the older ones need MORE protection, that test is bollocks to start off. But just think of it one tenth of the vaccine for some of the older sample.... there is no consistency, it is an exercise in getting a good result, with little real standards and accuracy.

Last edited by Expat (Oct 11, 2020 9:52 am)

#2 Oct 11, 2020 8:52 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: So far the Great Barrington Declaration

Watch this space.  I just spent the last 48 hours being reckless as all hell with people from around the country in the Midwest hot spot.  No masks, 20 people in my house for a rehearsal dinner, 60 people at a reception, everyone drinking.  Our behavior the last couple of days make Trump look cautious.  Two comments...

1) Life goes on.  It was the day of my only daughter's wedding.  It was a happy and joyous day and people have a deep sense of Covid fatigue.  We set out to be careful but the exuberance of a wonderful day overshadowed the damned pandemic.  I hope it turns out fine, but I have no regrets.

2) If we made it through this with no spread or serious infection, we can be considered EXHIBIT #1 for the thesis you have written.

#3 Oct 11, 2020 9:45 am

Expat
Active

Remember, although I firmly believe the masks do very little they are still a form of barrier, and keeping ones distance and hygene are extremely important. I would bet there was plenty of hugging, kissing back patting and cheersing with the chinking of glasses.

This would not be the protocol the liberation via the GBD is recommending.

Last edited by Expat (Oct 11, 2020 9:46 am)

#4 Oct 11, 2020 9:57 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I also firmly believe masks do very little but they do stop spit, phlegm, snot and slobber and that is something.

I am telling you, 60 people forgot the pandemic existed.  There were zero protections.  There were a thousand hugs, there was dancing, there were drunk people talking to other with their faces three inches apart.  The only people wearing masks were the caterers.

I am not defending it.  It was reckless as hell.  I am just relaying what happened.  It was wonderful in the sense that it was liberation from the caution we are all sick of but it was definitely reckless.

Now we shall see if we must pay the piper.  You may consider this an experiment you are observing.  I will honestly report the outcome.

#5 Oct 12, 2020 7:51 am

Slice
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Watch this space.  I just spent the last 48 hours being reckless as all hell with people from around the country in the Midwest hot spot.  No masks, 20 people in my house for a rehearsal dinner, 60 people at a reception, everyone drinking.  Our behavior the last couple of days make Trump look cautious.  Two comments...

1) Life goes on.  It was the day of my only daughter's wedding.  It was a happy and joyous day and people have a deep sense of Covid fatigue.  We set out to be careful but the exuberance of a wonderful day overshadowed the damned pandemic.  I hope it turns out fine, but I have no regrets.

2) If we made it through this with no spread or serious infection, we can be considered EXHIBIT #1 for the thesis you have written.

That is extremely reckless, considering the positivity  rate in Iowa is 18%.

#6 Oct 12, 2020 7:57 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I said it was reckless, didn't I?

#7 Oct 12, 2020 8:00 am

Slice
Active

Expat wrote:

Has been signed so far by:

7108 Medical and Public Health Scientists. While I typed this it went up to 7,178 now 7,897

15,995 Doctors   up to 16,003 now 18,782

229,386 Members of the public  up to 230,262 now 305,878

This is a declaration that the Media, and some of the main speakers for your health say is the wrong aproach.

Yet, what have THEY got. More restrictions, wearng masks that even surgical masks reduce oxygen intake by up to 20%, and take you well over safety margins for C02, which is why you get headaches, nausia, and for at least one person car crashes. The long term affects on everyone who has to wear masks all day every day is going to be bad. Before they climed on the bandwaggon Cosh or Cosa or what ever its called stated clearly you should not wear masks all day, you had to take breaks, and even then in a work environment users HAD to be tested to see if they could cope with the rigours of mask wearing, which puts a load on your pulmonary organs. It has even casued heart attacks... As stated by whistle blowers from that organisation.

The 3 protagonists in the GBD do not say don't keep your distance, they do not say don't wash your hands, they do not even say don't wear masks. What they do say is keep the oldfarts and the seriously ill out of harms way, and let every other bugger who has an extremely small risk of dying, and relatively few people who regrettably will get short or long term side effects.... but life is not without risks.

According to the CDC survival rates are....

0-19   -- 99.997%
20-49 -- 99.98%
50-69 -- 99.55%
70+    -- 94.60%

So for a few more months I have 99.55% chance of living if I catch a nasty cold.

Again according to the CDC children have a greater chance of serious complications with FLUE rather than Covid19.

We are being got at by hysterical numbers, many of which are manufactured by false reporting, and irregular death certificates, and this endless stream of reporting positive cases, when the vast vast majority of those cases are asymptomatic, so other than maybe spreading it, if you don't know you have got it, and you have no detrimental effects who gives a shit. Certainly if you get it and it doesn't affect you what good would a vaccine be that only reduces the effects. You can't get less than no effects, so for around 80% of the population it will do nothing, other than maybe make them feel uwell after the injections, which is WORSE than they would otherwise have been. Aslo aparently the vaccines will not stop you catching the virus, but assuming you might have had serious affects, it will reduce them, it wont stop you spreading it either. So millions and millions for almost nothing.

Then they are mostly trialing on younger healthier people. And I hear that with one of the trials, although they are recruiting around 30,000 in the end it will only be around 150 who will actually be the test group. Wow, that will be a good reason to trust the result.

Plus if the figures are correct again for one, I forget which one, they gave 250milligrams of vaccine to younger people, and 25milligrams to 100 milligrams to the older group... and as the older ones need MORE protection, that test is bollocks to start off. But just think of it one tenth of the vaccine for some of the older sample.... there is no consistency, it is an exercise in getting a good result, with little real standards and accuracy.

I understand in life there are risk, that is life, but sometimes it is important to follow basic instructions.  There is only one creditable source is information and that is the CDC.  They say if 95% of Americans wear mask 95.000 life's will be saved.  Health experts chose wearing a mask over a vaccine almost 5 to 1 and you saying dont wear mask that is reckless.

#8 Oct 12, 2020 8:15 am

Slice
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I said it was reckless, didn't I?

Yes you did, but why?  I honestly cant understand why folks take such chances.  I also understand the importance of the occasion, here is my problem,  The president of these United States, will always get the best medical care, me and you not so fortunate. Atleast one person from his Out door rally in Missouri, is in Intensive care, plus many many more are sick, so why not follow very simple instructions, that is what gets me.  The president on Notre Dame, put all safety precaution in place for his university, but went to the White house ceremony and did not wear a mask.  I just do not get it.

Having said all ah dat, I am out everyday and God knows ah make mistakes, but ah try me best to do the right thing.

Last edited by Slice (Oct 12, 2020 8:16 am)

#9 Oct 12, 2020 8:23 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Why ride in a car?  40,000 people die violent deaths in auto accidents the US each year.

Why eat desert?  Obesity and diabetes kill.

Why live in a city?  Violent crime is much higher than in rural areas.

Why live in Grenada?  You may not be able to get the specialized medical care you need there.

Why have a drink?  Alcohol related deaths kill thousands a year.

I could go on but you get the point.  People take calculated risks in order to squeeze a little bit of joy out of life.  Putting safety first constantly is the way you live a long, healthy, shitty life.

#10 Oct 12, 2020 8:28 am

Real Distwalker
Active

For what it is worth, it was all outdoors. Both the wedding and the reception.  There was a nice breeze.

Board footer