You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#11 Oct 15, 2020 12:56 pm

Slice
Active

Re: Mandated vaccines on the cards for Covid

Real Distwalker wrote:

Fifty times was just a wild guess. If you include the flu shot I get every year it has to be more like 100 times.

So today ah called Social Security they taking out more than $400.00 for Medicare.  That is plenty money.  Anyway the guy ask me some questions, then he ask which part of the island you from.  I told him, then he say I was ah part of the invasion.  I told him I also know a soldier who was also part.  He did ask for name, but ah din tell him.  He wants to get back so much.

Then ah told him, that this guy ah know Loves it there also,
This guy just cant wait to get there.  Usually when calling these folks they are so nasty, but today this guy super nice.  He said he will make sure ah get me money back.

#12 Oct 15, 2020 1:36 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

That is awesome.  It seems like all of us want to return.

#13 Oct 15, 2020 4:11 pm

Expat
Active

Acording to your favourite organisation that is completely and utterly untrue unless you are .01% of the population in most age groups, or 6% of you are an old fart.  Grow some balls man grow some balls.

Go to the office and ride in a lift with 10 other people, yep you might have a problem. Go to a trump Rally, inside or out, and you are asking for it.

Wander round keeping your distance your viral load will be miniscule. if everyone wears a mask as well as keeping their distance... it may make a tiny tiny difference in top of the keeping a distance.

The aresholes that go to the bar, pat each other on the back and hug hi and goodbye are begging for it.

Open air weddings.... nnnnnn... well let's see what the previously covid challenged RD says in a few days time.

Last edited by Expat (Oct 15, 2020 4:18 pm)

#14 Oct 15, 2020 5:08 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Five days since the wedding and no word of any guests falling ill.

#15 Oct 15, 2020 5:44 pm

Expat
Active

It's around 3-5 days before most people actually think anything is going on. Then they have to have symptoms strong enough to do something about it. You barely had any symptoms did you, and you didn't see a quack either I think....

#16 Oct 15, 2020 6:04 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Sure but if it was a spreader event whoever was spreading it would have had if for a few days before they were contagious.  Surely they or those close to them would be reporting sickness by now.

In other words, the wedding was on the 10th.  If the best man was a spreader, he would had to have been infected by, say, the 5th.  He'd be ten days in.  Surely he or his wife would be seeing some symptoms by now.

Of course none of this is fool proof.  It is just that as each day goes by, we are more likely to survive it infection free.

While we wait out the incubation period, enjoy this photo of the father of the bride dance and realize that sometimes you just have to accept a little risk in life.

121704208-815647692595092-6028292877724399884-n.png

#17 Oct 15, 2020 8:28 pm

houston
Active

Awesome photo captured in a snap moment.
Just curious...is that a side arm in your pocket?

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/its … tion-fears

#18 Oct 15, 2020 8:29 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Nah, I very seldom go armed and certainly not that day.

#19 Oct 15, 2020 8:32 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

My aunt, who did not attend the wedding, had stomach distress and headache last Wednesday through Sunday.  She tested positive on Monday.  She has felt fine since Tuesday but, of course, remains quarantined.  She works from home and didn't even quit working.

She was the most fanatical hand washer, mask wearer and social distancer in my family.  She has no idea how she got it.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Oct 15, 2020 8:34 pm)

#20 Oct 15, 2020 9:16 pm

Expat
Active

Masks do not protect you, more than a tiny tiny amount even the CDC said it before they got on board with ther vaccine.

Hand washing helps for sure, but you have to be really disciplined. And most people make little slips which is why the mask is a failure becasue everyone touches the mask, scratches tickles on their nose and cheeks, and probably rubs their eyes without even thinking about it. I bet she gets close to someone... even if she isn't the person getting close.

In the shop today I dutifully stayed the floor markers away from a young lady, when I was at the serving hatch and looked back I had another two women almost inside my shirt. People just don't get it. Maybe if someone dies in Grenada they will snap to, but they had too long with nothing going on, and they have just got lax.

Board footer