You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Oct 15, 2020 4:39 pm

Expat
Active

Here you are Slice, feed back from your God the vaccine

#2 Oct 16, 2020 11:26 am

Slice
Active

Re: Here you are Slice, feed back from your God the vaccine

Doh believe in none of these crazies.  All ah bunch of quacks.

#3 Oct 16, 2020 11:43 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I tell you what, a lot of health nuts are sure going to be surprised when they find themselves on their death beds dying of nothing.

#4 Oct 16, 2020 7:53 pm

Expat
Active

No one is remotely saying people aren't dying, or generally that precautions shouln't be taken, but you Cousin? and you are both prime examples.  Your Cousin takes every precaution under the Sun, and gets it. You think you were given a brush via family returning home some months back... and although technically you may have got it, you have had no symptoms worth worrying about, which puts you pretty much in the 80% unaffected brigade.

The health nuts as you as usual deprecate to somehow add strength your perspective. Have been pretty much spot on with their forecasts from way back at the begining. It is the "Experts" like Fauci that have changed their minds like a metronome ticking back and forth.

The health nuts are getting more and more support from scientists, health professionals and Doctors, regardless of the jo public that agree's with them.

There are currently 28,091 Medical practitioners that think the lockdowns etc. are nuts, 10,287 Medical and health scientists, and 510,002 members of the public.  One should remember it is not easy for health professionals and scientists on grants to go against the mantra as they risk their licenses and funding.

Finally it is unlikely most of the health nuts will be on their death beds simply because it is unlikely the aged will be that bigger part of the movement becasue like many older people I know, they never quite made friends with computers and the interweb. So it will be middle aged and younger people who are in the 99.5% mortality level. Unfortunately that is not to say some even mild cases won't get long term affects.

What is being said, and I could have sworn you agreed with it, was it is out there, and it is almost certainly going to get you unless you lock yourself away. All we are doing for the health service sake is postponing the inevitable. Cos it is on record that the vaccine will not stop you getting it, will not stop you getting symptoms, and will not stop you passing it on. Simply your heavy cough may become a mild cough. So the mask is almost totally inefective apart from phlem and slobber, the vaccine aint going to do much, and all that leaves you with is a distance, and a hand wash. Good luck.

#5 Oct 16, 2020 9:27 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Regarding your last paragraph, I did say that.  It is frightening because there is no way to know if you are going to be one of the unlucky Covid sufferers who gets the death penalty or a debilitating sickness.

I gotta tell you, however, if my aunt can get it, anyone can.  That woman is a germaphobe.  Her husband, by the way, tested negative.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Oct 16, 2020 9:31 pm)

#6 Oct 16, 2020 9:39 pm

Expat
Active

Well now you have added an even bigger dimension to you Aunt, sorry I forgot the relationship.

I knew she was a maskist, you portrayed a picture of her holding up her finger making sure the breeze was away from her... smile

Being a germophobe as you say, means she is vastly more susceptible than a regular person. We need germs to lock and load our immune systems to defend us. Her husband probably has been exposed to more, so had an immune system able to bounce it off.

Remember it is not coming into contact with the virus that gets you, it's the viral load, so your aunt maybe only needed a million germs to become positive, where as her husband maybe needed 20 million to become susceptible. Also it seems probable that wearing the mask means once you have come into contact with the virus rebreathing your own germs increases your viral load.

#7 Oct 16, 2020 9:57 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

She is 65.  Her husband is 67.

#8 Oct 16, 2020 11:18 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

She is 65.  Her husband is 67.

Immaterial relative to what I just wrote. Other than even though he is older he has a more robust immune system.

My Granddaughter has been has been very protected, at age 11 she isn't allowed to cross our local roads by herself. Never mind everything being wiped down and sanitized from tiny baby upwards. Almost inevitable she will have some problems. So far in particular persistent sinusitis, which may have been just an autoimmune issue, or even triggered by snacks, or just an unchallenged immune system. There are plenty of probable causes.

Myself, I went out to play by myself from a fairly young age, wandering round the area to get to our local park. Probably aged 10 I would head off to The Science Museum most weekends and spend the whole day there. By myself, via the Underground. This is the West End of London, not crossing a country road.
For senior school straight from the 1st year it was wander up the road, catch the train, keep on wandering til I got to the school which was maybe 4 miles away in a straight line. When I missed the train I ran in a not so straight line to get to school a few minutes late.... sad
I didn't live in squalor, but I am pretty sure things didn't get wiped down with spirit solutions every few minutes. I think, while not invincible, I have a pretty strong immune system.

Due to this everything must be spotless mentality created by bactericidal adverts, kids today are more vulnerable.

#9 Oct 17, 2020 10:45 am

Slice
Active

Then there is the type O and B blood kind.  Now they are saying those blood types have an advantage.  Sometimes doh know what to believe.

Saw something about flying that get me thinking like Expat.  They are also now saying the likely hood of you get it on  plane is extremely remote, because of the plane filtration systems. They even say if you sitting close to someone who has it, will be very difficult for them to give to you.

Ah say ah wonder how much the airline industry pay to put that information out there.

Board footer