You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Nov 05, 2020 10:57 pm

Expat
Active

I thought you said it wasn't a nightmare

I am sure thats what you said RD.

I was talking about the extended fantasically expensive electorial process that goes on for ever, and what seemed like an extended voting process where there is all kinds of early, never mind postal voting. Now it seems at least one State doesn't finish its count until the 12th.

If that aint a nightmare what is. Maybe the result will be in without that State.... fingers crossed.

Not to worry. 2 more years and it'll be congress's turn.

How do they find time to get ANYTHING done.

#2 Nov 05, 2020 11:43 pm

houston
Active

Re: I thought you said it wasn't a nightmare

As usual, another over dramatic circus.
The U.S claims to be the leader of the free world but man, they really need to get their home yard sorted out if they expect to be an example of the way things should be done.

#3 Nov 05, 2020 11:52 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

The United States doesn't have an election.  Fifty states and a few territories have elections.  The majority of states did fine.  A few have complexities because...

They changed their systems during the pandemic, or...

They are being ultra-cautious so as not to trigger a crisis, or...

It is just a very close election.

Again, about 50 states and territories did fine.  About five states are dealing with pandemic situations and razor thin margins.

The rest of the smug world - which has always done everything perfectly - always judges.  I mean, it's not like Grenadians ever executed their entire government or Britain ever had a difficulty anywhere.

I notice about nine times out of ten when foreigners smugly attack the US it is largely because they don't have a clue what is going on.

#4 Nov 06, 2020 10:06 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Pennsylvania's law doesn't allow mail in votes to be counted until election day.  This year, because of Covid, they got millions of them.  Both sides have poll watchers in the room who want to examine each ballot.  That's why it is so slow.

#5 Nov 06, 2020 1:35 pm

Slice
Active

You guys love piling on the goof ole USA.  I called this election two days ago.  It was easy Nevada and Arizona, was leaning Biden.  The Associated press and Fox News called Arizona about two days ago.  I was not even counting Pennsylvania and Georgia.  I agree with RD, they are really crossing their ts and dotting their I.  The count must go on.

Biden knew that he won this election days ago.  Technology is amazing.  Trump also knew he lost the same time.  Just ah formality now.

#6 Nov 06, 2020 1:42 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I knew Biden won when I woke up Wednesday morning.  For the record, no presidential election is EVER officially decided until the electors meet in December.  Every other election in which people thought they knew the outcome was strictly because the media called it.  The reality is that this one isn't decided because the idiot lame duck president won't concede.  That was predictable.

#7 Nov 06, 2020 1:51 pm

Slice
Active

Yep RD, ah also believe you knew this was over.  I think it was  very easy.  It is mostly folks that do not understand the process that is making ah stink outa it.  Maybe they are also looking for something to complain about.  Trying to make America look bad.

#8 Nov 06, 2020 4:08 pm

Expat
Active

It really doesn't need any help from outsiders, it is doing really well all by itself.

Trying to wipe out one set of problems by saying we are not the only ones, is pretty pathetic, deal with the issue, not have hissy fits.

If we have to keep refering back to every other issue, just in case your sensibilities are offended it is pretty sad. Deal with it.

Everywhere has problems. For years Britain had an unelectabla Left wing Labour Party. With the likes of Niel Kinnock, and more recently that other forgettable arsehole... Yep I have forgotten him.

Then we had Bambi sucking Bushes dick leaving us open to Islamist payback, and being more right wing than the Conservatives.

Then we had the fiasco Brexit which may well put the last nail in the Good Old British Empire.... What you mean it isn't already dead?

So friggin what. The point is the bloody election process in America is tediously long, all encompassing for much of the time, and it seems basically a total waste of time as there are only half a dozen swing States that for what ever reason are actually worth having an election in.

Unlike some would have us think non Americans are not entirely stupid, we understand there are states, and pockets of red or blue in each state, and every County gets to go through its process which is understandable and correct, and the whole bloody thing is a mess.

There is just one good thing, it seems T Man is on his way out, and although Biden seems a bit punch drunk Kamala will whip him into shape, and probably take over his second term.

Board footer